Number Plate Bracket & Tow Hook

TomS

I've found a few threads on here about group buys on both, but I've missed them by about 2 years :lol:

Does anyone know where to get a tow hook like these but without the £60+ price tag? Or something similar/nicer?

old_TOW_HOOK2.jpg

Also can't decide where to mount my front numberplate on my new V2. If I go for a tow hook then I can either get a square plate and mount it off centre, or stick the plate to the bumper and not the grill area.

Or just ignore the tow hook and mount the plate on the grill, but for that I need a decent bracket like so:

DSC00568.JPG

That's what I have now on my normal bumper, removed the bracket and stuck the plate on with tape. I could always do that again but I don't think sticking a full-size place on the V2 nose is going to look any good. If it's going on the bumper and not the grill I think it needs to be smaller, but then you start asking to be pulled over.

What kind of plate holder should you get..? Get on this :teeth:

viewtopic.php?f=166&t=63153

With regards to the tow hook... there's a company called Tegiwa imports that makes these kinds of things in the UK, however when i spoke to them at Japfest 2 last September they didnt have one specifically for a zed - but they said they could possibly make one should there be group buy interest.

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/advanced_s ... =1&&page=2

£120 for a number plate bracket's a bit rich for me :lol:

Ill email that company about the tow hook, I think I'd prefer tow hook and off centre square plate but not sure how it'd look.

Are vinyl plates on the front legal?

Or just ignore the tow hook and mount the plate on the grill, but for that I need a decent bracket like so:

DSC00568.JPG

Zee bracket, works well with a UK sized plated stuck straight on it:

IMG_5362.jpg

I love the way it sticks out from the side view, don't have any photo's of that though. I can take some better photo's if you want? It's a pretty simple bracket though so you could probably get 1 made cheaper at a garage rather than import.

If you're planning on tracking your car it's not good though as you should have the tow hook available for track days.

Yeah that's my issue with a permanent fixing over the tow hook as I tracked it earlier this year and might be again in September.

I guess if you want to go the Zee bracket style while tracking you could just remove the bracket at each track day, should only take 15 mins but I think you'd need new sticky pads each time as I doubt you can remove it without peeling off the plate.

Emailed Tegiwa imports about the tow hook, nice blunt answer of "No sorry, only universal ones".

Just cos it's universal doesnt mean it wont fir tohugh i guess.... you'd just need to buy one with the correct thread type for the zed. :shrug:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to find a bolt with the length of the OEM tow hook and have a number plate sized plate welded to it?

Basically the same principle as the Stillen plate mount, just more crude :shrug:

Good simple/cheep idea.

You'd need to tighten the bolt in to the car, then fix/weld the plate mount to ensure correct/horizontal alignment.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to find a bolt with the length of the OEM tow hook and have a number plate sized plate welded to it?

Basically the same principle as the Stillen plate mount, just more crude :shrug:

Good simple/cheep idea.

You'd need to tighten the bolt in to the car, then fix/weld the plate mount to ensure correct/horizontal alignment.

And put a spring washer and nut on the towing eye side so it cannot work itself loose.