Kerbsidemotors last ever ebay auction! Everything 99p!

kerbside*motors

Right, now that our problems have been sorted! (Well, Neils will be as soon as we get some Aeroquip ends for him!)

I would like to announce our last ever sale.

Highlights include a genuine Nismo gearknob, a full oil cooler and relocation kit and a Subaru SSQV all for 99p each.

All funds go to buy the Mrs. something nice after her crash. This is a shameless plug to buy my stuff but I think its for a good cause!

The items are listed at...

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQf ... theweekend

Everything is here ready to be sent and will be sent 1st class recorded delivery (dearer stuff will be sent special delivery)

Thank you and goodbye!

Right, now that our problems have been sorted! (Well, Neils will be as soon as we get some Aeroquip ends for him!)

I would like to announce our last ever sale.

Highlights include a genuine Nismo gearknob, a full oil cooler and relocation kit and a Subaru SSQV all for 99p each.

All funds go to buy the Mrs. something nice after her crash. This is a shameless plug to buy my stuff but I think its for a good cause!

The items are listed at...

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQf ... theweekend

Everything is here ready to be sent and will be sent 1st class recorded delivery (dearer stuff will be sent special delivery)

Thank you and goodbye!

Err what? Crash? Last sale? Why? Whats going on?

The Mrs. had a car accident so i could not give ebay my fullest attention.

After a few days pacing about a hospital I returned to find my ebay accounts had all been suspended.

After frantic emailing and searching I discovered that because I had submitted my new credit card details to several accounts in quick succession on ebay they thought I was trying to pull a fast one! I managed to have a few accounts reinstated but several (including the main kerbsidemotors! one) remain suspended for 12 months.

I have tried to sort this out but ebay are not for turning. I had begun to sell off stuff on my Boris*the*spider I.D. but as I intend using this in the future I have registered a new account to sell off the items intended for the kerbsidemotors account.

Everyone still with me?

My intention is to sell off what I have, take legal action against ebay and nurse the Mrs. back to her usual battleaxe self. Once that is sorted I may return to selling on the internet.

I realise things look a bit dodgy but I cannot help that. Kerbsidemotors and boris*the*spider retain 100% positive feedback and we have a list of happy customers. Unlike many of our rivals we actually gave a @*!# about our customers but as ebay are an American company we have fallen foul of their 'always right, stubborn , too quick to react, bloodymindedness'!

I am sad to have to leave the reputation we have built behind but I have to put the Mrs. before all that as ebay can't cook and is probably rubbish in bed!

Hope everyone will at least have a look at the items listed as its our way of saying thanks to all our previous customers (and a way to clear out the garage and pay for something nice for when the Mrs. gets out of hospital.)

Thanks everyone!

The Mrs. had a car accident so i could not give ebay my fullest attention.

After a few days pacing about a hospital I returned to find my ebay accounts had all been suspended.

After frantic emailing and searching I discovered that because I had submitted my new credit card details to several accounts in quick succession on ebay they thought I was trying to pull a fast one! I managed to have a few accounts reinstated but several (including the main kerbsidemotors! one) remain suspended for 12 months.

I have tried to sort this out but ebay are not for turning. I had begun to sell off stuff on my Boris*the*spider I.D. but as I intend using this in the future I have registered a new account to sell off the items intended for the kerbsidemotors account.

Everyone still with me?

My intention is to sell off what I have, take legal action against ebay and nurse the Mrs. back to her usual battleaxe self. Once that is sorted I may return to selling on the internet.

I realise things look a bit dodgy but I cannot help that. Kerbsidemotors and boris*the*spider retain 100% positive feedback and we have a list of happy customers. Unlike many of our rivals we actually gave a @*!# about our customers but as ebay are an American company we have fallen foul of their 'always right, stubborn , too quick to react, bloodymindedness'!

I am sad to have to leave the reputation we have built behind but I have to put the Mrs. before all that as ebay can't cook and is probably rubbish in bed!

Hope everyone will at least have a look at the items listed as its our way of saying thanks to all our previous customers (and a way to clear out the garage and pay for something nice for when the Mrs. gets out of hospital.)

Thanks everyone!

Err ok. :bye: all the best to the mrs. Whats wrong with her?

Ebay can be a real pain. I've heard of lots of people that have had accounts suspened for stupied reasons. Most relate to updating credit card details.

I even went to change my email address with them as a result of spam. To do this you have to confirm credit card details and home address. When I went to do this it tried to set my home country as England and wouldn't let me change it to Ireland. So for now I'm stuck with it.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Sarnie. She has a broken leg and loads of bruising and cuts now. The hospital had to operate last week to reduce the pressure in her head because of the swelling. She only regained consiousness on Friday.

We got our hands on an Evo 360 for a really good price then the Mrs. Smashed it. These cars are great with all their high tech wizardry until you take them past the limit! With normal cars you get a bit of a warning but in these when you cross the line you are going so fast you don't realise. I've seen the car and I think we are both very lucky she only has the injuries she does.

She lost it on a corner that tightens (The road towards Broxburn, out of Kirkliston near Edinburgh) Hit the kerb, shot across the road through the armco into a bridge support then downwards into the Union canal! She landed on a sort of sandbank that held the car out of the water enough not to drown her. The car is mince, nothing is salvagable!

Anyway, I'm hoping to make enough on ebay to take us away for a few days. I have discussed the ebay situation with a lawyer and he reckons they have breached their own conditions but I'll give it a few weeks before taking any action because I am just so pi**ed off about it all!

Hi mate,

good luck with the Mrs recovery! :thumbs: I'm sure everything will be ok soon.

I am confident kerbside doesn't want to scam anyone, he's already solved sgtWilson's issue, anyone can have personal issues that can get in the way of their businees, especially if it's a one man business like kerbside's ebay venture.

:)

THANKS EVERYONE!

I would not say kerbsidemotors was a one man operation, as well as me & Mrs. Kerbside there was CNC guy, oil cooler/intercooler guy, carbon fibre guy and website/auction design guy. The problem arose because ebay guy (Thats me!) couldn't do his job. Happily everyone is still in a job.

CNC guy continues to make CNC stuff for many tuning companies, bikers and racing teams. He has recently become a Dad so he has that to take up any spare time!

Oil cooler/intercooler guy returns to his usual role of making and fixing radiators, intercoolers and oil coolers at his Dads radiator company.

Carbon fibre guy is grateful for the reduction in his workload because the Stock car racing season has started and he needs to be on standby for Hot rod repair panels!

Website/auction design guy works for a call centre anyway so he will be using his spare time to build a 3.5 BMW E30 for Knockhill

And as for kerbsidemotors (& the Mrs.) We hope to have a Holiday, get the Galant ready for Knockhill (Has to be faster than webguys Beemer!) Slob about for a few months then start again on ebay! (With the cash we sue their asses for! Ha ha!)