Driving me mad

scottyd

My clutch pedal has developed a squeak, it's fairly quiet inside but very loud outside the car and pretty damn embarassing. After searching this seems like a common problem but I can't really find any cures

Spraying wd40 all over and behind the pedal mechanism did cure it for all of one day :bang: Are there any moving parts under the car that are easily accessible I can lubricate?

Any help appreciated :thumbs:

Surly silicon grease would be better than WD40 :shrug:

+1

I had the same squeak, tried WD40 and only worked for a day or 2, got a spray can of white silicon grease and it's been silent ever since.

Took about 3/4 applications once a week, basically position yourself so your head is looking up under the pedals (not easy especially when you are 6'4") and if you move the clutch pedal by hand you will see the offending spring, mine squeaked at about half way, just spay a decent amount of the grease on and manipulate it a bit ;)

As I said after about 3/4 goes it has been silent since, for about a year near enough....