WATER ISSUE!!

drysd4le

Hi, my mate is currently having a huge issue with his zed, he is getting large quantities of water in the drivers footwell when it rains. He has stripped out the seats and the carpets, and also the dash parts required for correct access. It is not his window seal or the windscreen seal as it only comes into cabin when water gets into the front wing from under the bonnet, instead of running through inside of wing and leaving under the car it is making its way into the footwell and fast! it is coming in behind the white plastic waterproofing behind the fusebox/bcm unit. We ran a hose over all parts at top corner of engine bay/windscreen and it only started coming in when we directed the water into the inside of the wing, any thoughts on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated as it is not something obvious!! We can see it running down but can't figure out why.

think it is solved, will find out tonight, looks like the rubber seal up inside the wing, between the wing and body was slightly perished right at the very top! silicone will be dry later and we will see, cheers for all the suggestions.

May be a complete shot in the dark, but I had the same issue on my old Leon and the pollen filter was filled with leaves. Just needed emptying and the filter re-siliconed down.

The Zed has no pollen filter

Won't be that then!!! :teeth: