Any other Rum lovers out there?

If you like the Caribbean spirits try some Chairmans Reserve, bought some back from St Lucia and you can get it online. Its super smooth but in the same breathe will make you very merry :) after one glass it'll reserve you to the chair...I highly recommend it! :thumbs:

Maybe Wasso and Neil should take a bottle to Lakez :shrug::)

I am normally a Jim Beam man, but my fiancee and I were on holiday in Barbados when we tried Mount Gay rum, which comes from the Island and WOW... I am hooked :lol: Yes its not exactly the best name in the world but its not too expensive and certainly goes down a treat :thumbs:

http://www.mountgayrum.com/

Tut tut talking in secret about me again. I've not stumbled across the rum section as I'm not old enough for it.

Still into my beer, but just had a fair few glasses of my prize winning Whiskey from the Wales raffle and it's frosties Gggggggreeeeeeatttt!!!!

I'll be taking some booze to Lakez and a shame the regulars will be tucked up in bed. So we shall just have to drink to sleeping friends :drunk:

Darren would love Lakez with all this drink :lol:

I'm really getting into rum, trouble is rum really gets into me :lol:

Worst case was new years eve about 3 years back when my friends found me naked behind the sofa at 7:00am after thinking I'd been running around Cardiff naked in -12 conditions for a few hours..... I'm not normally a menace with drinks but my friends now feed me rum as they say it makes me insanely happy :)

Sambuca and that sticky stuff... .bleh! :yuck:

Brugal if you can get hold of it, expensive and rare in this country but easily bought in Spain. Mix it with Fanta Lemon in a 1:2 ratio with plenty of ice.. fantastic : :thumbs:

Also Kraken rum with coke is another good one.

There is a Whisky Exchange just round the corner from my office and I have taken to a bottle per month - similar to a crack addiction - tending to vary between rums and bourbons so I have a few recommendations here - by no means an authority on the subject, but I know what I like! As a recent sample list - the stand outs are;

Rums

Foursquare Spiced Rum - Extremely tasty, be prepared not to put the cap back on the bottle though :drunk:

Chairmans Reserve - there is also a spiced version which is a bit heavy for everyday, but good for Christmas time

Brugal - very drinkable - try this and be prepared to hang up your Havana club

Admiral Rodney - Good, worth a try, but move on after

Eldorado (12 year old) - possibly the nicest sipping rum I have ever experienced. Very sweet in flavour and just needs a lump or two of ice (as opposed to the 15 yo which I found a bit too sharp). Until I find then next one that is better than this - all rum will be considered fit for cooking with olny :p

Bourbons

Elijah Craig 12yo (sp) Very smooth, very easy to make a dent in

Blantons Reserve - In the drawer to be opened this evening

Evan Williams - absolutely awesome!!! just add ice

This month the plan is to try some El Presidente Rum as the spirits cupboard is overflowing with Bourbon - on which note I should head home, put my feet up and make a dent in a 12 year old (Bourbon)