The Start

Zyngazite

hey guys got my Z had it a few days and theres some things I want to do. But being a noob Im not sure how to go about it lol. Firstly I want to cover the rear strut brace the silver part as its not in that good condition(things overfilled in the boot im guessing) also the panel behind the seats on the top of the speakers is there a way to remove it and replace? If any 1 could link me how to remove the cover I would be greatful. Also any decent places for Vinyl? I will get some pics up asap still havent had much time to do anything with work commitments :thumbdown:

Either spray the silver panel or vinyl wrap it.

Removal of the rear plastics.

1. Remove plastic strips at the bottom by driver and passenger door that hold the rubber seal in place.

2. Behind the driver and passenger seats remove quarter panels.

3. Remove behind driver and passenger seat the full plastic section full width of the car (you will need to detach the cig lighter and unbolt sections of the passenger cubby and remove BOSE sub cover if you have one)

4. The section above speakers can now be removed

:thumbs:

Either spray the silver panel or vinyl wrap it.

Removal of the rear plastics.

1. Remove plastic strips at the bottom by driver and passenger door that hold the rubber seal in place.

2. Behind the driver and passenger seats remove quarter panels.

3. Remove behind driver and passenger seat the full plastic section full width of the car (you will need to detach the cig lighter and unbolt sections of the passenger cubby and remove BOSE sub cover if you have one)

4. The section above speakers can now be removed

:thumbs:

Install stealth NOS System and re assemble ;):teeth:

To OP

pull the 2 panels left and right of the silver bit up and off loosen the front and back vertical black panels pop the silver bit off (If I remember correctly :blush: )

I have removed pretty much every single bit of trim that can be removed and most of it is fairly straight forward just -

1. get some proper trim removal tools, this will save your trim and your fingers!

2. find the pressure points, a little torch helps to spot the plastic rivets

3. use some muscle !

What sort of covers for the dash are you after.... I could show you some pictures of my interior as I have changed a few bits here and there....

I'm a bit shy at posting pics though :blush:

Im looking at silver and blue as my car is Silver, I am gunna snap some pics quickly and then upload them tomorrow or later if I can. As I have none of my car as yet. If you could show me a picture of yours that would be cool :)

If silver & blue is your thing then you seriously need to speak to glrnet...

aka Papa Smurf

aka The Modfather

aka The handbag

aka The Wild Grouse

etc etc

Anyway speak to Graham he has many many shiny things of silver & blue B)

As you insisted....

CF and white LED centre dials

lights1.jpg?t=1305450310

CF and white / blue heater controls

lights3.jpg?t=1305450347

CF top on top of white led speedo

lights2.jpg?t=1305450331

Bigger shot of the CF in the centre

48088bf9.jpg?t=1318005084

Handbrake & gear combo

337e8eed.jpg?t=1318863825

daytime pic

db934ea8.jpg?t=1321171143

Close up of speedo

5c1a6ce8.jpg?t=1323850093

speedo at night

c410c095.jpg?t=1327687858

I accidentally deleted all the pics of my rooflining :blush:

I like that! Something along those lines but with maybe a blue/silver look, I need a few things the covers, new gear knob and handbrake+gators. Is it difficult to change the leds?

LED's are a **** to change so I got someone else to do them :lol:

The CF kit I have comes in silver too, Graham has it in his Azure Zed as far as I know it only comes in the 2 colours and is around £800 new if you can find it :scare:

You can get cheaper kits or obviously spray paint it or wrap it, if you want advice on wrapping speak to RTBiscuit has a bit of experience or RTPerformance who do it professionally.... and NO they are not related :lol:

Looks pretty good not sure I want a furry dash tho! :scare:

Yeah in the end I thought a bit OTT for me too, I thought it would look good those areas though i.e. the boot and the bit behind the seats, maybe even the centre tunnel to the gear knob.... although I have never been a fan of fur round my knob :nono: