Bit different - totally unique convertible Silvia

docwra

OK, its not a Zed but I promise you wont see another one this year ;)

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

JapaneseAutoExtravaganza2009008.jpg

DSC03027Custom.jpg

I bought it from the lovely Jason on here, having seen it when it was originally imported and fallen in love with it. It is a totally unique car, the only other one in the country belongs to Mitch and is still fairly standard, this is a full on driftcar with fully adjustable suspension, short 1.5 way diff and SR20DET with V mount and GT28R. I will actually use the word RARE here, as I have literally found a handful worldwide, the simple fact is you will not lose money on this car if you buy it.

The car is a 1987 Silvia Convertible, not to be confused with the USDM 240SX Convertibles that are LHD and uglier. There were apparently 503 of these cars made by Autech but due to their high price not all of them sold. This one has had a Onevia conversion (pop up lights) and has been upgraded in every other department too.

All of the aero is genuine, the turbo is brand new and mechanically its perfect, its a unique driving experience to be able to cruise about with the hood down listening to 80's pop tunes, come up to a (private) roundabout, get some tyre smoke coming over the rear deck and then continue on your way at a gentle cruise :D

Its a bloody good driftcar too, although youd have to be brave to use it in competition youd definitely get noticed :D

Ive just spent a grand tidying it up for a potential buyer who then decided he didnt want it after all :mad:, the only thing I should mention is my half arsed paint job on the front lip, this will need doing again but previous problems with hydraulic hood and rear quarter windows are now fixed and it has a years MoT and 6 months tax. I used it as a daily for two weeks (when the sun was out) and its the best car Ive done the drive in :thumbs:

Spec is as follows:

1988 Nissan Silvia PS13, incorporates chassis strengthening, electric rear windows, and a semi electric

roof.

180sx front end conversion

Uras 180sx front bumper

Kazama side skirts

Kazama rear bumper

D - max vented carbon fibre bonnet

URAS Rear Lights

Rays Gram Light 57f Pro wheels 18x9 ET20 and 18x10 ET15 rims with new Falken FK452 225/40/18 and 235/40/18 tyres

Project Kics R40 Neo Chro wheel nuts (£220!)

180sx front seats

Momo steering wheel

Driftworks removable steering wheel spacer

Alpine Head unit + I pod connectivity

Professionally flocked dash and centre console

5 stud hub conversion

R32 Skyline front brake calipers

SR20 'red top' and 5 speed manual box conversion (non Vvti)

Spec clutch (1500 miles old)

Garrett GT28R (under 1000 miles)

Greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller

Engine earthing kit

Walbro fuel pump

Unknown downpipe

3 inch tailpipe

Unknown decat pipe

V-mount uprated intercooler

Apexi air filter

Kenlowe Electric fan conversion

Unknown front strut brace

RSR front coilovers with pillowball top mounts

Tein rear coilovers

D2 tension rods

D2 rear camber arms

D2 rear toe arms

Tein steering rods and arms

1.5 way mechanical diff with shorter final drive (I reckon its a Nismo as its very smooth)

MONEYS

Offers over £6500, it was up for this last time but Ive spent another £700 odd getting the roof and windows fixed and have put tax and MoT on it too. You only have to look at what hardtop Silvias are going for to see thats bargainous :nod:

• 4 months later...