Tyres

nixy

Just had the CTR serviced - my front tyres are down to 1.6mm (perfectly legal) - they tried to scare me into changing them there and then by saying they refused to road test it because it was wet and my tyres were so low. Question is - as I'm selling I don't really want to shell out for 2 new Pirelli PZero's. How long do you think they'll last or should I change them?

Just had the CTR serviced - my front tyres are down to 1.6mm (perfectly legal) - they tried to scare me into changing them there and then by saying they refused to road test it because it was wet and my tyres were so low. Question is - as I'm selling I don't really want to shell out for 2 new Pirelli PZero's. How long do you think they'll last or should I change them?

:headhurt:

That means your tyres are well below the "blocks" which are inside the threads (believe those are at 2-3mm). :headhurt:

The guy at the garage is bloody right. When the road is wet its really dangerous to drive like this. Get them changed asap. And dont try to save money by buying el-cheapo tyres! Its the only thing that keeps your car on the road :wacko:

tough one. Cheapos would do the job but I'd feel guilty putting them on and seeing your old CTR in a ditch witha broken 21 year old driver being pulled out in the local paper.......

Well I'd feel sorry for the car.................but yeah, I think all 4 cheapos might be the way to go - I can advertise it as having 4 new ones then (even if they are made of play doh)

not a great idea to put the rears onto the front nixy. The Type R has a rather heavy wear on the edge due to the suspensions set up. the reason for the bad tyre noise that emits and also the reason that the facelifted modelis fitted with carperts to the inner wheel arch.