Berk decats = engine management light

Mr mav

Just fitted a set of berk decats this weekend, ive already got a japspeed k1 system, the engine management light has now popped up, even though i installed o2 spacers to them, is it remap time to diagnose the fault? :headhurt:

You can get them turned off with uprev tuning remap.

Remeber the only people that can map a zed are on here, Horsham developments, abbey Motorsport in London and rs tuning in Leeds

Remeber the only people that can map a zed are on here, Horsham developments, abbey Motorsport in London and rs tuning in Leeds

cheers bud, closest to me is RS tuning so ill give them a shout :thumbs:

cheers bud, closest to me is RS tuning so ill give them a shout :thumbs:

Thats who done mines, Good guys tell them your on here and try and wangle a discount :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking about decats and a ypipe just to try and get a better exhaust note. I'm aware the engine management light will come on but will damage be being done to the engine, i.e. balances being out etc, if its just reset rather than resolved or is it safe to do until i can et a remap.

although now i think about it, for noise only it would probably be cheaper just to get an exhaust system and leave the cats alone??

if you just want noise, theres plenty of loud exhaust options with the option of leaving the cats well alone for no problems with MOTs, which is what i shall be doing :)

my shortlist for a new 'zorst is:

Scorpion + aftermarket y pipe

Cobra + aftermarket y pipe

Buddyclub cat back

DC Sports cat back :thumbs:

I've been toying with going custom single exit. like the look of the motordyne TI single exit. would have to be imported though if i wanted that, hoping someone could replicate it.

or the tanabe medallion looks good aswell

was just toying with the other bits as an alternative with keeping the stock look.