Fitted D2's to my 09 Zed

Jo3ly

If you are considering fitting true coil overs to the rear, IMHO the top mounts and mounting areas should be modified/reinforced accordingly.

I run KW Clubsport on my track 350 and would not consider true coilovers without carrying out the required upgrades to the above.

Alex. :)

If you are considering fitting true coil overs to the rear, IMHO the top mounts and mounting areas should be modified/reinforced accordingly.

I run KW Clubsport on my track 350 and would not consider true coilovers without carrying out the required upgrades to the above.

KW FTW :#1:

Some seem to reckon that the roadster struts are stronger ? Any thoughts on this?

Some seem to reckon that the roadster struts are stronger ? Any thoughts on this?

I think that the turrets may be a bit more stronger, however IMHO the weakpoint is in the 2 bolt fixing for the top mount.

I think that the turrets may be a bit more stronger, however IMHO the weakpoint is in the 2 bolt fixing for the top mount.

I see. In my opinion I think if the rear was intended to be used for true coilovers then nissan would have fitted them. The boys in the states "seem" to know what theyre talking about and they seem to think its a bad idea without all the extra reinforcements also. :thumbs:

a quick read for those interested in whether or not to go with true rear coilovers

http://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/356556-true-coilover-rear-damper-or-not.html

one thing ive learnt, Americans have wayyyy too much time on their hands! :lol: I barely have time to drive my car as it is, let alone talk about whether its safe to drive my car or not...

I think for the amount i use my car and for the type of use i use it for, im happy with the true coilovers. I now have a dedicated track car to abuse, rather than the nissan, so the 350 spends its days looking pretty and taking me around town once a week. The coilovers are purely a visual mod on this car and once the 19x10s are fitted next month, i will be driving even slower as i dont think these wheels were designed for performance :)

thanks for all the input though, i will keep an eye on the rear suspension and update on performance/damage etc...so il be the test dummy for the true or not setup :D