Recommend me an iphone dock

twobears

Can anyone recommend me an iphone dock that I can't easily break? It will get fairly heavy use out in my workshop as I like to listen to iPlayer for a few hours a day when I'm working. Unfortunately, I seem to keep breaking the things and the latest one has just given up the ghost so I am on the hunt for a more robust one. I've never paid more than about £35 due to my innate clumsiness and frequent breakages but maybe if I spent a bit more I wouldn't be able to destroy the things quite so easily? Any ideas?

What you need then is a dock for an IPhone. :thumbs:

:wacko:

Best bet is prob to look for one with a metal case.

I've had a little peek round but there's not much doing.

Makita (the toolmaker) so a pretty heavy duty portable radio but it only mentios iPod dock not IPhone

most for ipod will work with iphone in my experience

i have this, it is a little more expensive but the sound quality is fantastic

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... source=ppc

the other thing you could so which is what i have in my lounge is a set of logitech computer speakers with a base amp and a headfone jack

realy loud, wont charge iphone but much more hard wearing and can be used with ANY player

rich

Thanks rich. I was assuming that I needed a docking station specifically for an iPhone :blush: I like the sound of your other suggestion too. Loud is good and the bass-ier the better. Will ask better half to look into it and buy me the relevant bits and pieces as I've already got some great speakers in my old workshop :thumbs: