New stereo...

Kennydies

I keep asking myself why i need a dvd player in my car? If i had an MPV and kids in the back to entertain, then fair enough, but in a Z?

All i really need is a radio and ipod connecion (never use cds), bluetooth phone would be nice, but this can be added. Have got a TomTom which works for my nav needs....and has speed camera locations etc and fits nicely in the cubby hole.

Thinking of ordering one of these http://www.audio66.co.uk/product.asp?id=5592&cat=26&man=1&main=1&userid=&firstsel=cat&variation=

The only reason I would like DVD's is to load them with mp3's. As you can get so many mp3's on a DVD as opposed to a CD.

If it is MP3 playback you want then for the same price or less you could buy a 'normal' head unit and an ipod - no need to change DVDs then!

The only reason I would have gone for a double Din screen is for sat nav. However if you have DVD based sat nav as the LG has then (assuming it uses the DVD slot in the unit - as the pioneer ones do, as opposed to having a separate DVD player) then you can not listen to MP3s from a DVD while you are using the Sat Nav.

Same with an ipod, you can't shuffle through the songs on the screen of something like the alpine IVA-W200Ri and have sat nav running on the screen.

Best set up is to have a dedicated Sat Nav screen - IMO - which is why I am keeping my TomTom (i'd like to fit a screen in the nav cubby and have a hard drive based Nav (like the kenwood) but can't justify £800 for that when the TomTom (£250) does everything but with a smaller screen).

Well i have so many difference devices, would like to consolodate.

I have satnav on my phone, a road angel and an MP£ player (NOT an ipod).

One unit would be soo much easier.

Never been bothered about bluetooth...

I understand your predicament, I have an origin B2, TomTom, Nissan Blutooth Car kit and an FM transmitter on the ipod at the moment.

If you want Sat Nav and to use the screen for something else then I think you are going to need atleast two devices, so if you are happy with the sat nav on your phone, then I think there are other DVD & double DIN screen solutions which will enable you to browse a DVD full of MP3s on screen for less than the £999 this will cost you.

For true one device ease - I am also considering the Car PC!