Android tablet update

I bought a cheap Android tablet a couple if months back, a xoom. I kept checking for an update to the latest version, Ice Cream Sandwich but nothing even though they got it in the US in January :rant:

I was bored yesterday with waiting so I flashed it to a US rom and hey presto it updated itself :wink:

It's like a whole new machine, so much more responsive and smooth, no idea why Motorola & Google are dragging their heels it seems to work flawlessly.....

no idea why Motorola & Google are dragging their heels it seems to work flawlessly.....

Cos they are hacking it about "motorola'ing" and "google'ing" it, like all vendors seem to do. Always just best off to flash it and put the original on :thumbs:

I put ICS on my Galaxy s2 earlier in the year. As always, it was released in other countries miles before the UK networks did it. Certainly a nice improvement over the old version, everything is smoother, slicker. Only problem I found is that some apps which worked fine in the older version of android are not happy with ICS....

I put ICS on my Galaxy s2 earlier in the year. As always, it was released in other countries miles before the UK networks did it. Certainly a nice improvement over the old version, everything is smoother, slicker. Only problem I found is that some apps which worked fine in the older version of android are not happy with ICS....

Yeah I haven't found any apps that don't work yet but I am sure there will be a few...

Only issue I had was the US keyboard but I use swiftX keyboard anyway so just swapped region :thumbs:

You would have thought that now Google own Motorola they would sort out their own tablets fairly quickly :wacko: