Number Plate Flipper

Kev946

They can only find out if you have a taxed vehicle by the number plate, not by the tax disc. Plus the vehicle tax chequers are always forward front facing cameras, so unless you drive with a balaclava :ninja: , and a fliper front number plat, they will get you...

if you want to break the law... might as well just have a dirty number plate, you might be able to have an excuse ( unless you have detailed your whole car EXCEPT the number plate... :p

I have heard of cases where the car have been tracked via the normal road cameras (flow control ones, not speed camera)

Not saying they would do it for minor speeding offences but for more major crimes.

They look at flow camera recording to identify a car and where it joined and left motorway, which in itself cannot be used for speeding offence as it does not record speed accurately, but then use the speed camera image to match to other video footage.

They would not do this for someone 5-10 miles above limit since it takes time and effort, but if you are going at very high speeds then they will spend the time and also charge you for attempted to avoid the speeding.

following from steve_b comment I found this...

http://www.spy.org.uk/cgi-bin/trafficmaster.pl

Traffic master have a more advanced number plate recognition software and hardware installed on many more roads across UK roads, than the government has...however they are not using this information for ID purposes, but who are they to stop governments ( governments who by the way....let them run the business in this way...)

interesting read.... welcome to BIG Brother...

I read through the web site, and I think the content is a bit "conspiracy theory" everywhere... I am taking it with a pinch of salt...TBH...