Claim against Company Car Insurance....

Karlp

So in February I was involved in a minor collision with another car, the driver has now decided she has whiplash :rant::angry: (despite driving on the wrong side of the road) and also the collision been about 10mph, I was driving a company car at the time but I've been told I will now need to involve my insurance company if she succeeds with the whiplash claim, the car insurance claim is still been decided.

I was currently expecting to pay £750 fully comp with admiral with 7 years NCB, but if she is sucessful with her claim and insurers decided it is my fault, whats the worse I'll be looking at and if it not my fault will I have to declare and will this make any difference??

My insurance is currently protected at 6 years also.

Any help/info would be appreciated guys.

Your insurer will ask you if you have had any accidents or claims in the last 5 years. They don't care what you were driving, where you were driving or even if you were driving at the time, but you must answer the question honestly. Even if you didn't go near a claim, you'd still have to declare the accident.

I know I'll need to declare it then, just hope the insurers see sense!

Will contact Sky insurance when my renewal comes up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was in reply to the ongoing claim with the woman driving on the wrong side of the road!!

• 1 month later...

Just to drag an old topic up, the company car insurance claim is ongoing and my renewal is coming up on the 16th July so should I wait to tell my personal car insurance there is an ongoing claim on a company car or wait to hear the outcome of the claim and if it's my fault or non fault?

What is the question that your own insurer is going to ask?

If it's "Have you had any claims in the last five years?", then your answer is no as your company is claiming, not you.

If it's "Have you had any accidents in the last five years?", then your answer is yes as you clearly have.

If it's "Have you had any accidents or claims in the last five years, or anything else that could effect how we register your risk?", then see above.

Just tell them regardless. They'll either not care (0.001% chance) or they will be very interested and adjust your premium to suit. If you don't tell them then you are holding back a material piece of information, much as if you didn't declare the 22" rims and three turbos you have installed to your car.

Just to drag an old topic up, the company car insurance claim is ongoing and my renewal is coming up on the 16th July so should I wait to tell my personal car insurance there is an ongoing claim on a company car or wait to hear the outcome of the claim and if it's my fault or non fault?

You have to tell them.,

If you don't you might as well not pay the renewal and drive around uninsured.

Don't forget that insurance companies hold a central database of claims, so it will be easy for them to drag this up if you were to claim for your own car.