toad stirling one strange behavior

LiamR

Ok, my newly bought zed has got what I think is a toad stirling one cat1 alarm/immobiliser fitted, but I keep setting the dam thing off!

Basically it seems inconsistant, when i unlock the car with the cars keyfob (remote) and open the door the alarm goes off. So i have to press the stirling fob once before opening the door to deactivate the alarm. once in the car with key in ignition once i turn the key the indicator lights on the dash flash 3 times and if i dont press the stirling fob again the alarm goes off! And sometimes, but not always, when i turn the engine off after a run and open the door to get out, it goes off again!!!

Has anyone any experience of this before, or any advice on the sequence of fob pressing?!

BTW the stirling fob does not open the door locks, in my last car, a honda prelude, the central locking and alarm/immobiliser were in 1 fob but here on my zed they are seperate.

Any ideas?