Upgrade fuelling before S/C?

evilscorp

Just a quick question, can I install upgraded injectors,fuel rail,pump before I install a supercharger? Will the stock(uprev'ed) ECU be able to control them with out having a remap? i.e. will the engine run too rich?

(I know some of you will ask why cant I just do it all in one go, reason is I may do the fuel side of things at my parents due to my neighbour being a mechanic and myself being a bit ware'y of fuel leaks and pressurised systems. Is the fuelling side of things easy to install guys?)

Thanks

Yes you can install all the bits - the ECU will not know they have changed so will use them how it uses the current ones - so it will probably run rich and may even flood! Depends how much bigger they are I suppose.

So really you need them mapped in! I wouldn't run it far without a new map personally.

Are they easy to fit - Fuel rails and injectors if it's a kit yes they are very easy .

Pump - not so easy if it's the 255lph walbro you need to mod the holder - some pics on my thread (Project ZeeBusiness ) and Darren's of it being done - they usually come with instructions and any mechanic or someone reasonably handy with the tools will be fine - the return line is fiddly but easy enough.

Hope that helps :)

Yes you can install all the bits - the ECU will not know they have changed so will use them how it uses the current ones - so it will probably run rich and may even flood! Depends how much bigger they are I suppose.

WAS THINKING 660 INJECTORS(SEEMS MOST COMMON ON S/C Z'S)

So really you need them mapped in! I wouldn't run it far without a new map personally.

THOUGHT THAT MIGHT BE THE CASE,WILL JUST STOCK THE PARTS FOR LATER.

Are they easy to fit - Fuel rails and injectors if it's a kit yes they are very easy .

Pump - not so easy if it's the 255lph walbro you need to mod the holder - some pics on my thread (Project ZeeBusiness ) and Darren's of it being done - they usually come with instructions and any mechanic or someone reasonably handy with the tools will be fine - the return line is fiddly but easy enough.

HAVE SEEN THE PROBLEMS WITH THE WALBRO BUT ITS TRYED AND TESTED SO GOING FOR IT,IF IT HAS GOOD INSTRUCTIONS ON THE MODS YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE IT FIT, I WILL GIVE IT A GO.

Hope that helps :)[/quote

t

sorry on my phone so not the best, i ment 440 injectors,

i guess i could get away with installing the pump but would i have to then remove it later to install the return line? I would check your builds again but the pictures would eat my data :snack:

You can fit the walbro pump and Fuel Return system now if you wanted. Just make make sure you set the fuel pressure to stock and don't connect the vacuum line to the new Fuel pressure regulator. It should then just run as normal.

Then you can fit the rails and injectors just before the tune.

What are your power goals with the Supercharger?

The reason I ask, is that most people use 600cc Injectors with the Vortech for around 400bhp.

Also regarding the FRS, a 'basic' or 'stage 0' return system using the OEM rails is sufficient and will save you some £££.

You can fit the walbro pump and Fuel Return system now if you wanted. Just make make sure you set the fuel pressure to stock and don't connect the vacuum line to the new Fuel pressure regulator. It should then just run as normal.

cheers, will do this as I am buying everything slowly, as I will wait till my insurance runs out in Nov before declaring/installing the charger

Then you can fit the rails and injectors just before the tune.

What are your power goals with the Supercharger?

400bhp

The reason I ask, is that most people use 600cc Injectors with the Vortech for around 400bhp.

Also regarding the FRS, a 'basic' or 'stage 0' return system using the OEM rails is sufficient and will save you some £££

I've seen people use 440 and 600cc, anyone used 500cc ones? what are the stock sizes?.

Thanks again guys