350z Pulling to the left

Nolly227

As well as the Spiralling amount of other problems I have with this piece of crap. The car is pulling to the left.

I'm having to correct the steering by about an 1/8th. The car had a 4 wheel alignment done by the stealers a month ago and that hasn't solved it.

Anyone know what it could be? wishbone bushes? etc??

Cheers in advance :)

Seeing your other post about the ABS it's likely that the steering problem is related. From experience I would say that if you've had an alignment and it's not right that there is one of two issues; either the people that aligned it didn't do a great job and the thrust angle is too large, or something at the front end is bent.

I had an accident in a previous car where the nearside front wheel took a clout from someone hitting me. The tie rod on that side got bent and I had to drive with the steering wheel partly turned to the right to go in a straight line until I got home. It could be that something like the tie rod is slightly bent but I would have thought this would have been spotted during the alignment. You can check easily yourself though. Centre the steering wheel and then look at the wheels. They should both point straight ahead. If one is pointing straight ahead and the other looks slightly turned to the left then something will be bent at the front.

It's possible that if it is bent then the wheels will be turning at slightly different speeds due to the problem and this might be firing off the traction/stability control which uses the ABS to brake the wheels independently to try and even up the wheel speeds.

Bound to be linked in some degree to you braking problem.....wouldn't surprise me if your killer abs is engaging or not fully disengaging the brake or something.

Just get it to a decent garage for you die dude!

Interesting theory guys. Didn't think whether those two could be linked. I had a 4 wheel alignment done at Nissan when I brought it but It never resolved it fully. Going to take it to a independant local to me this week and let them loose with it. Shall report back in a few days time with hopefully not a very expensive answer!