strange ticking?

chettle

Alrite guys, I've had the zed 10 days now and all was well.... But I've just bin out for a lil trip and noticed a strange ticking over 4k revs?

Then I also noticed a slight whirring\rubbing sound while its ticking? Below these revs its silent

Oil pressure carts from about 30psi to about 70psi when accelerating?

Any ideas? Luckily I've got warranty if I need!

Thanks, the noise goes once the clutch is dipped?

It's a 53 plate...72k.... exhaust, plenum spacer and uprev map....

Sounds like its coming from the back of the dash/engine bay, doesn't get louder with the windows open though...

Thanks

I get something similar on mine. It seems to come from the clear plastic alarm LED housing on the drivers side of the dash. On mine it seems to rattle and cause a ticking sound at about 3.5k - 4k onwards. Might be worth taping it down to see if it goes away :thumbs:

Do you notice the revs increase but not much speed increase when you give it some in 5th gear? could be a clutch issue, release bearing is dry. You should check the clutch is not slipping.

where is the biting point on the clutch pedal?

Ive just took it out again, tried holding the little led bit down when up in the revs, and still ticking away?

It sounds similar to an injector tick, but from inside the cabin?

also wouldnt explain the strange whirring?

its doing my nut in! :(

Thanks anyway though mate!

Do you notice the revs increase but not much speed increase when you give it some in 5th gear? could be a clutch issue, release bearing is dry. You should check the clutch is not slipping.

where is the biting point on the clutch pedal?

ill have a look at that tomorrow on my run to work :thumbs:

Thanks for the input guys, real friendly place you got going on here :band:

It was fine after leaving work, but after a few miles its returned :( biting point is about half way tbh, but its not as loud now?

My spacers and springs arrived earlier so I was too jolly to pay much more attention than that lol