would someone mind describing...

Kuro

... the sqeaky seat problem for me..?

My seat seems to have developed a severe squeak, which actually sounds more like a barn door opening..!

I think it's related to the left bolster, and it seems to activate when I corner to the right, and my slender frame :blush: pushes down on the seat.

Anyone else had this, I think there was a TSB for it? :thumbs:

This was the question I was referring to in the post about answers being on the OC site ( I never got to reply to my own thread as it is now locked :dry: ).

Anyway, all I will say is that photos with arrows showing where to apply the grease exist "elsewhere" but I can't be any more specific than that :secret:

Gus

This was the question I was referring to in the post about answers being on the OC site ( I never got to reply to my own thread as it is now locked :dry: ).

Anyway, all I will say is that photos with arrows showing where to apply the grease exist "elsewhere" but I can't be any more specific than that :secret:

Gus

there ya go I'll open it back for you to reply ;)

we have it on our list of known issues: if a dealer can't be arsed to go check the UK TSB list imo he is not worth going back to with the printout of where they need to apply the grease, simply change dealer, ffs :dry:

It's a known issue, most dealers will 1- know how to solve it OR 2-check the TSB list if they don't

anything else is poor service and dealer should be avoided, imo :D

Guest prescience

Found on my350Z - obviously you have to revert the side for RHD. Some kind person can confirm (until we get a pic.) that this is consistent with what's shown

FIXED.

Need:

a.) Flashlight

b.) WD-40 (super small can size works best)

c.) Paper towel

1. Buy a can of wd-40. The small travel-purse size can for 299 at the grocery.

2. Take out your driver side mats, and move your seat all the way back.

3. Place the paper towels flat under your seat so as to protect the carpet from overspray.

4. Now, look under your seat, and first find the lever you just pulled to move your seat back.

5. Now that you are looking at the black bar you used to push your seat back, look directly behind it at the anodized steel cross bar behind it. It is nearly brass in color, and runs laterally, from the right side of the seat to the left.

6. Spray wd-40 all around the area that that bar connects into the right (gear shift side) floor bracket. Move the seat back and forth laterally a little. Pulling it out towards the door, and pushing it back into the center console. Spray again and keep moving the seat until the squeak stops.

Good Luck

~AJ

Not sure I could be bothered doing this too often, but as I started on this one ...........

"If you look under the seat there is a tubular bar that is located into the side plates of the seat, it is not solid fixed so you end up with the bar rubbing on the end plates. A good blob of grease on each end solves the problem and can be done without removing the seat, did mine six months ago and no more problems."[/img]

Not sure I could be bothered doing this too often, but as I started on this one ...........

"If you look under the seat there is a tubular bar that is located into the side plates of the seat, it is not solid fixed so you end up with the bar rubbing on the end plates. A good blob of grease on each end solves the problem and can be done without removing the seat, did mine six months ago and no more problems."[/img]

but do you agree with me that that info wasn't in the free forums? ;)

Val,

Yes I agree that the info wasn't in the free forums - it was moved on the 10th January, so wasn't just done because I started asking questions.

I just used this as an example of the type of post that I thought would be suitable to cross reference, without checking to see if the answer was indeed in the free area - apologies if that confused things.

Gus