Quick boot question...

14N

Hi All,

Something that's bugging me and each time I wonder if this just affects me/my car, or is a design feature/flaw of everyone else's Zed.

Can you open your boot with one hand? Cos I can't :blush:

I have to depress the boot release button with one hand, whilst pulling the boot open with the other. This is a pain in the bum when carrying something, especially when it's been persisting it down with rain and you don't want to put it down.

On all my other cars, once the boot has been opened and/or the button depressed, you've only needed one hand to pull the boot open. This isn't the case on my Zed :thumbdown:

Am I on my own here, or has anyone else found this?

I had replacement struts, did the penny trick and removed the counter weight. I still wasn't happy so I bought a pair of genuine struts. Problem solved and worth the cost :) If you do a search you'll find reference to a company called SGS or something like that. Most people seem happy with their struts, but as said, I ended buying new Nissan ones after trying theirs.

Cool, thanks for the prompt responses guys. :thumbs:

I assumed my struts were okay, as once my boot was open, it stays open (and doesn't try to eat me) :bangin: But it would appear that they're not.

Right, I'm now off to search for "The 1p trick". How much does this 'trick' cost.....?

I'll fetch my coat :teeth:

it is a slightly unrelated to the boot opening thing, but is still boot related...

the barrier that you screw in between the two sections of the boot.... mine is loose on one of the top screws. the plastic bushing (is that the right word?) that slots into the hole belwo the strut and keeps the female screw section into which you screw the, erm, screw has come out.

this means i cannot keep it tight and it rattles.

i have now decided to take the whole barrier out, but would like to have the option to put it back in.

is this a common thing? any simple fix? as will be coming across loud and clear, i am not that technically minded but am very willing!

Had similar issue whilst under warranty. Took it to the dealers who said i had an "alignment issue" and not covered by warranty. They suggested 1 hours labour at a £silly/hour. Once i had researched and was going to go through the penny trick, check gassing etc. , I noticed that one of the boot release springs was bent. zmanalex supplied a replacement, no issues since. just worth checking, the dealers didn't spot this.

Am I on my own here, or has anyone else found this?

Thanks again all, I no longer feel so alone :teeth: Will hopefully try 1 or 2 of these fixes this weekend if it's dry.

Great info and very helpful. You guys rock! :band::wiggle:

• 2 weeks later...

I just did the penny trick last night, was meaning to do it since i got the car.

This thread spurred me one, 2 x 1p in each side and 1 hand opening :)

Best 4p mod ever!

^^^^Exactly what 350Ad said above^^^^

Just a bit of feedback/update. Did mine last night with 4p and it works perfectly! :yahoo::yahoo:

Many thanks again :thumbs: