canada trip

dragon

Just got back from canada after 2 weeks driving around, started in vancouver up to whistler/ kamloops/jasper/lake louise/banff + loads of drives out in backroads, oooh for a z out there only spotted 1 in vancouver silver roadster! the roads are brill but they like their trucks all 4x4s I had a chevy malibu auto, jesus it was slow only 4 cyl but it was a good thing as they are very hot on speeding, fines are horrendus and they impound your car overnight!! so just as well. Soon as I got home straight out in the blue boy manic grin :teeth: happy daze :thumbs:

In 4 years living in Calgary I only saw one Zed, although it was in the best colour (Sunset) :). Sit outside a bar on 17th Avenue in summer and you are quite likely to see a few sepercars because of the oil money there. Not unusual to see a convoy in which the Porche's were the poor man's choice.

You are right about speeding though, it is not the country to do it in with radar traps everywhere. My ex boss used to treat the fines as an additional tax to allow him to drive his Ferrari faster :). Bit of a shame really because the road between Vancouver and Calgary is twisty enough to have lots of fun.

Saw a few lakes but they were all still frozen, sorry Will most of the pics are boring just mountains took the gondola's in jasper and banff up to the tops, awesome!! was going to take picci's of some of the yank muscle I saw but didn't want to look a sado, new dodge super bee various mustangs and did spot an old dodge challenger rt, and new dodge st, the local guys told me about the radar traps there's no warning like here you just dont know where they are and they catch plenty its a shame cause the roads are fantastic, anyway back home to the z and pothole uk :lol::lol:

As said above, Banff is an amazing place. When covered in snow, it's hard to imagine somewhere more picturesque(sp?). Canada is a pretty amazing country all around to be fair, I love the place - don't think I could live over there until they get rid of those damn speed radars though, I had a $380 fine the only time I've driven there :bang: