steel pin on front wheel hub

Dano190485

just got my new wheels and remember reading some time ago about there being a pin on either the front or rear wheel hub that i will have to remove as my wheels are 19". is this the case or am i just getting mixed up? if i am right could anyone give me any advice on removing them. also i taking it by removing them i wont cause any problems? cheers people

cheers it must be on the front as ive done the rear and there was nothing there. got a hitch though as i want to use the wheel nuts off my rays. they fit in and i can do them up finger tight but the wratchet i got with the car wont fit in the holes of my new wheels does this mean i will need to get smaller nuts or what?

also is it a 12mm wratchet i need to take the pins off the front?

FailBolt1.jpg

The idea that this is to stop the rear wheels being fitted to the front hubs is poppycock IMO.

The rear (OEM) wheels have sufficient space between each spoke to allow fitment - in the same way as the front wheels (I found that out on the 370).

That bolt, I believe, is more to do with extracting the disc off the hub carrier. If you take the little sleeve out that fits beteeen the bolthead and the hub then screw that bolt all the way in it will separate the disc from the carrier.

Whatever, if fitting the spacers just remove the bolt/spacer as it otherwise serves no useful purpose.