Head unit + steering wheel controls advice

longsh07

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me out. I picked up my 350Z only the other day knowing the CD player in the bose head unit was a little temperamental.

I had a quick look at this Pioneer AppRadio (http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/29 ... index.html) as I really like the idea of connecting my android phone to it so I can use the maps on it. However I wasn't sure if the steering wheel controls will still work?

I've been reading the guides on here about what cables ill need but I am struggling to find exactly what I need!

First things first, here is a picture of the back of the head unit (thanks pioneer)

SPH-DA100_rear.jpg

So it has two RCA outs and an RC in, so I assume, providing I get the right leads, be able to connect the wheel controls and bose speakers.

What I found so far was this (http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ict-29- ... aptor.html) which should make the controls work.

And this (http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/cel-ais ... o-rca.html) which should let me connect the head unit to the speakers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Ive changed head units before but I'm no expert and I'm new to the 350Z's!

Also any suggestions for alternative head units very welcome!

Thank!

muttley and myself have just finished 2 kenwood ddx4021bt installs. using the products from in car tec, everything is workin and was very impressed with the head unit.

was a bit sceptical in doin it ourselves, but seriously guys, take your time its easy enough.

I've just done my jvc one and it was a nightmare.....

Put it all back in to remember I left the antenna cable out. Put it back in to find steering wheel controls not working due to a dodgy connection.

I swear I had the dash in and out about 5 times to get everything perfect :doh:

Working now and very happy with it though.

The guides helped alot. Once you do it once its a piece of cake

I've just done my jvc one and it was a nightmare.....

Put it all back in to remember I left the antenna cable out. Put it back in to find steering wheel controls not working due to a dodgy connection.

I swear I had the dash in and out about 5 times to get everything perfect :doh:

Working now and very happy with it though.

The guides helped alot. Once you do it once its a piece of cake

5 times is that all :p

My centre console has been on and off more times than a tarts knickers :lol:

You got an AVX640 or was it a 740? :wacko: Glad your happy with it, I love my AVX840 :yahoo:

640 mate bought it off Jason for 150.

I think i see where I went wrong. I left the stereo screwed to the dash so had to put it all in together. Buster left his unscrewed and mounted it in then put the dash in.

I also have Afr gauges in there so had to disconnect all of that and then the top clip broke so had to have about 4 attempts at gluing it lol.

All done now though :dance: