Pilot Super Sports Vs RE50A road noise??

robin c

Which had less road noise?

Looking to change some very tired RE50A's all round which have been fine grip / wear wise. Its just the tyre roar on the motorways is terrible.

Oh the Zed is on 18inch rays alloys.

Also is £920 all inc fitting, balancing, about going rate for 4 fitted?

Looking to change some very tired RE50A's all round which have been fine grip / wear wise. Its just the tyre roar on the motorways is terrible.

All tyres sound pretty bad on the motorway due to the arches being behind your head pretty much. I found the re50's to be fairly quiet. I had gsd3's and they where much louder.

The bridgestones are £730 delivered from camskill.

Falken 452s, which are quite well regarded as a good value tyre are £440 delivered.

I wouldn't even mention the 452s in the same breath as the 050As, never mind the PSS.

None of the 911 guys running PSS have complained about road noise, and a lot of them have come from the 050As and the noisier Pirelli PZeros. It's not something that would concern me, put it that way. :)

Pretty much a dead cert on the PSS's. Going to have full laser alignment too, hopefully this will prolong tyre life a bit and check the alignment currently on the car.

How about the price I have been quoted, anyone recommend any other good tyre outlets in Berks / Bucks area?

Ordered some Eibach spacers too in a moment of weakness, since I have got the car to a near perfect mechanical and bodywork state.