What do you make of this..............

MFM

lol

There's honest..and there's too honest...personally wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!!

Sprax

Yes I agree. Perhaps it is an import, nothing wrong with that but strange way to sell a car. Compression tests with plugs out :bangin: how do you do it with them in :) Body looks in good shape from afar. He will not see 6k unless he is very very lucky. I just sold my 04 Coupe JDM with 51k on the clock for 5.4k asked 5.5k but my car was bang on. I feel a bit sorry for him.

B)

Mike

its my car guys...deffo a UK car,and plugs were out being replaced soi as a matter of corse the compression test was done...i feel you were being picky with words there...did not know about the fuel filter,i just bought the car and told the mechanic to do all what i put in the advert,still there as its just having some new brembo calipers fitted as the ones that were on were rotten,anyways....its staying now,the fact that i got it and have already ploughed almost £2k into it made me very disheartned with it...

im a genuine guy,i am very well known over on skylineowners forum (click me)

the car is actually in decent shape...just needs niggles sorting ,im just spoilt with my previous cars that i saw this as a mistake and wanted rid asap but i have been persuaded to keep it (at least for a while)

was going to say i didn't see any problem with the car, if it was for sale i would have looked if a zed was on my shopping list.

cheers buddy...as stated above...im a bit too honest,anyways lets hope A: pistonheads gets a grip so i can remove the advert and B:i like the way it drives so i keep it and spend money on upgrading and maybe slipping an RB26 in it at some point

from the sounds of the advert its mainly been wear and tear items; ok so its a big initial outlay, but selling now would mean you've basically prepped the car for somoeone else and saved them all the cash. if you've spent it you should enjoy it.

tidy examples are few and far between, so if you've taken one that was a little tatty and cleaned it up then come sale time in the future you will have made selling easier.

with regards to cost of work done personally i feel its part and parcel of owning a higher performance car. its not a fiesta so won't be fiesta running costs. I know you've come from skylines so it should be to much of a shock to the system.

I'm going through similiar expenditures with the XKR at the mo. its not cheap but will be worth it in the end.

thats true buddy...and i would hate to tally up what i have spent on the skylines (having owned seven of them amongst other high performance cars),must be enough to half buy a house haha...

think with the zed its the fact that i have taken it for what i would call a full service,hoping to pay around £400 and i will be coming out paying triple +++ what i intended and having nothing more done than what i originally wanted...just gets you down when you keep getting calls saying this needs doing and can i have the go ahead to get this and that ordered as yours is knackered etc....you take so much then think .....you know what...F**K it...i dont want it..suppose thats just a bad part of my personality :(

we've all done it at one time or another...bought a car and something has cost a fortune on it. It cost me nearly £2k to get the Celica GT4 i imported on the road as everything that could need doing on it, did! its disheartening but rtbiscuit hit the nail on the head, you'd only be throwing the cash away making a really nice car for someone else to drive!

hope you fall in love with it again, ive had mine just 2 weeks, its not perfect but its my pride and joy!

Hope you persevere with it mate. With the work you've done/had done to it so far, it's a nice looking motor, rarer in red too :thumbs:

I had to shel out a fair few quid on my last car (a TT) to get it all sorted. But once you've got over the shock of the initial outlay, you can start enjoying the car. And as a lot of the parts you've replaced are 'servicable items', it'll be a while before you need to pay out for them again.

Stick with the Zed fella, once it's sorted, you'll forget the rocky start you've both had (then you can start modding it) :lol:

below is the bill guys...

TBH im not happy with it...the brakes need bleeding again as they are spongy,the clutch pedal is too high for me and the engine/exhaust drone is horrible,still needs the rear tyres sorting as IMO they ruin the car....the only thing that does it for me is looks of it....just trying to asses weather its worth spending on it or leave it and sell because if i spend and get it 100% perfect and still dont like it that will be a lot of money i may aswell have set fire too...

7818ab58.jpg

Jayne tell me i have to keep it....thats it then...it stays...

just bought some Rays for it...did a nice deal with a guy who had 3 fronts and one rear,now looking for a rear then the set is complete and i can sell the front plus my old wheels,going to spend a lot of time money and effort getting the car perfect...

It sounds like The Management have spoken and you're keeping the Zed then :yahoo:

The cluth pedal can be adjusted and is something that is frequently mentioned. I was gonna do mine, but as my car is my daily driver, I've now got used to it.

Use the search, but here's a thread to get you started....

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=52268

brake bleeding can be a bit of an art on the Zed; if its not done in the right order it can be a bug&er for air locks.

looking at the repair list it does make me wonder about that mechanic. possibly a little over exhuberant with the spanners. it should have been possible to drill out and re tap in new bleed nipples if they were that bad.

• 2 weeks later...