350Z Canvas Roof Marks

DaddyCee

Hi All

Wondered if someone would be able to advise how to go about removing the following marks from my canvas roof.

I believe that this has been caused by the AG roof cleaner product and am hoping that its pretty easy to remove. I have washed the roof with Megs and the marks have returned this morning, they are not that bad but are annoying me more.

lhs.jpg

lhs_back.jpg

rhs.jpg

rhs_back.jpg

Many thanks.

On my roadsters roof, it was looking a bit tired and dirty, and I used this product:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_255237

It has a cleaner in it which you brush on to clean it all up, then some sort of silicone spray stuff which bonds to the roof to make it water proof. It was easy to go on, and I was amazed with the end results. It looked like a brand new hood. Nice, clean & dark. I reckon id probably only need to do this twice a year max to keep it looking new.

Im not sure if it will solve your problem with the tide marks, but it may well do.

+1 autoglym but more than likely was cleaning stuff you used but autoglym can do the same if not used evenly across the hole roof as looking at pics you can see where you srayed the stuff on roof {so i would say dont spay so close so i spreads better} try doing roof again but dont spray so close and make sure you have even coverage :thumbs:

how did you prevent the spray from getting on to the paintwork or glass?

The guide I read said open unlatch the roof, then put a sheet or something under the roof covering the body work.

Personally I didnt bother. I just sprayed it straight on and used a newspaper held in the other hand against the bodywork top prevent any getting on the bodywork. If any went on the glass I wiped off immediately and then later polished up all the glass anyway.

I also didnt worry about how thick i sprayed the stuff on. It all looked a bit strange when it first goes on the roof, but dried perfectly and left no streaks or spray marks. :thumbs:

how did you prevent the spray from getting on to the paintwork or glass?

The guide I read said open unlatch the roof, then put a sheet or something under the roof covering the body work.

Personally I didnt bother. I just sprayed it straight on and used a newspaper held in the other hand against the bodywork top prevent any getting on the bodywork. If any went on the glass I wiped off immediately and then later polished up all the glass anyway.

I also didnt worry about how thick i sprayed the stuff on. It all looked a bit strange when it first goes on the roof, but dried perfectly and left no streaks or spray marks. :thumbs:

+1 i just had spare cloth and wiped off over spray just make sure you get even coverage and will be ok

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Wondered if someone would be able to advise how to go about removing the following marks from my canvas roof.

I believe that this has been caused by the AG roof cleaner product and am hoping that its pretty easy to remove. I have washed the roof with Megs and the marks have returned this morning, they are not that bad but are annoying me more.

lhs.jpg

lhs_back.jpg

rhs.jpg

rhs_back.jpg

Many thanks.

Did you manage to sort this in the end mate