Hosepipe bad...watering can worse!

Simon+Kat

How does it affect you as buisness Tim? (when on your travels)

As water must be a little bit important for your work.

Yes, tell me about it!

Oddly enough I've done my research and most water companies have a policy in that myself as a business am allowed to use "your" water at "your" house in the course of my business but "you" as the home owner are not. Obviously thats a relief to me as that could be my work stopped there and then!

We also dont have a ban down here, so potentially I could fill the water tank in my van and take it with me, but then there is the weight of it=loads more fuel and I already spend too much on that for the business :angry:

The cost of that is not funny. LPG next time for sure.

Hey only in Britain, we the house holders who use only 8% of the water daily are penalised, the water companies who supply this are loosing 3.36 billion, yes billion, gallons of water every day through leaks for a product that they don't own but give us a service of supplying that product, that they dont even manufacture. Clearly thats fair :bangin: .

However I have no doubt that along with the MP's their highly paid executives are running around in there nicely polished chauffer driven cars, because they dont have to clean them, rather than get their cars dirty :angry:

Well back to the subject using a two bucket method I can confirm that it took more water out of my watering can than using the sheeting method from the hosepipe for the final rinse and drying. The tap was on for over ten minute to fill up the watering cans where it would be less than two minutes to use the hosepipe.

Bloody obvious thats common sense, oh and by the way keep your umbrella handy in the car so you dont get sunburned by all this rain we are getting.

I think I'll start digging a bore hole perfectly legal to do so and maybe I'll sell it cheaper than these bloody idiots because I wont loose billions of gallons every day. Right back to Jeremy Kyle for some sanity.

^As has been said before, its not generally that we are having less rainfall but it is allowed to leak etc and not get fixed. Also its that the population has increased over the years and the last time the country invested in reservoir building was in the 1970's! Nothing against population increases (I've done my bit ha ha!) but we need to match that with infrastructure.

Nice new resevoir at the bottom of my garden......... 12 acres of open uncultivated fields last week, this week 12 acres of water about 2ft deep!

Luckily its a whole 10 ft distance from my garden :scare:

On the upside though, lots of ducks and in a week or so.......... :boat::lol:

Hosepipe bans are a joke, you simply fill buckets up with water from your tap and water your garden/plants from the buckets. Washing your car with a jet wash uses much less water than filling 10 buckets and throwing them on your car....ever tried filling a bucket from a jet wash, yeah, it takes ages.

Pete