Stubby Aerial arrived. Not what i thought-pics

barryrob78

Was trying to upgrade to S2K aerial to get rid off the zed's fishing rod. Is it just me or is it too wide where it joins the car?

Too me, it doesn't look like it belongs! :wacko:

It was described as genuine S2k and it certainly looks the same having previously owned one.

Maybe they are meant to look this way but if so i may return and go for an aftermarkey jobby.

DSCF4551.jpg

Wow what a shocker. :pmtarmac:

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

You may be better unscrewing the bottom of the ariel as you have a base on a base there!

cut down OEM looks pretty good and reception is fine? id wondered about doing that as dont want to buy a stuby that is of @*!# quality

Yes reception is as before.

Makes you wonder why Nissan didn't do this in the first place.... :blink:

Don't get an S2k one. lol

Cheers amt

Was trying to upgrade to S2K aerial to get rid off the zed's fishing rod. Is it just me or is it too wide where it joins the car?

It was described as genuine S2k and it certainly looks the same having previously owned one.

Maybe they are meant to look this way but if so i may return and go for an aftermarkey jobby.

DSCF4551.jpg

looks abit wierd, all honda aerial's should be nice a smooth as I use to have one and you can buy the one you really want on ebay but will cost a fair bit, i think a brand new one would set you back £20? from honda dealers

My Honda stubby is nothing like as bad as that, which is why it tends to be the stubby of choice on this forum. Oem looks and quality for those that don't want something that looks like it has come from Halfords or ebay (or Nissan), and doesn't have any performance issues. The one in the op's picture doesn't look right at all, maybe a copy?

DSCF4551.jpg

looks abit wierd, all honda aerial's should be nice a smooth as I use to have one and you can buy the one you really want on ebay but will cost a fair bit, i think a brand new one would set you back £20? from honda dealers

It is the same as the 1st one I bought. It is designed to fit flush with the hole hence its bell shaped bottom. I think you might find that this does unscrew then put the stem directly into your base.

Incidently, The carbon one I got of ebay was a cheapy. Well under £10.

I am not the greatest authority on radio waves but I am led to understand that its not the length of the ariel

but the anteni inside.

Obviously the stubby has a coiled one.

The way to test is on talksport as that broadcasts on the same frequency over most of the country without a need to retune.

When i go to Abbey I cant get jack squit on any channel.

And thats from the Coulsdon Roundabout of M25 all the way to Abbey and back.

I did get it with the OEM, so if anyone does go to Abbey and get good sounds, could you send a picture of the ariel

and where you got it please!