oulton park 22nd of may

CrumbMC

I booked myself onto an open pit lane track day at Oulton park on Tuesday 22/05/2012 with MSV. it will be my first ever trackday so i'm really excited.

I also booked a bit of tuition for £25.

My rear tyres are verging on the wear marker and im not sure whether to get new tyres before i go or wait and put some on after. i just dont want to take the best out of a brand new set of (possibly Michelin PSS) new tyres in one day.

Anyway. If anyone from here is going it would be great to say hello as i haven't met any of you yet, even though i have been on the forum regularly for about 18 months.

:thumbs:

Chris

If it's your first one, you probably won't take much off them, especially the rears. Track surfaces are quite smooth, so wear rates are pretty good unless you spend all your time sideways! Just take a tyre pressure jobbie with you to keep them right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wish I could make it, Oulton is fantastic!I went on an MSV novice day at Oulton in January. It is a great track and the day was well organised. The instruction was good too. Look out for Druids (Oulton's "signature" corner). Apparently, it is often damp and slippery (certainly was when I was there) but so good when you get it right!

:teeth: That was Awesome :teeth: Peed my pants a bit the first time my brake pedal went straight to the floor, flat out in 4th braking into druids :drive1 But apart from that it was an awesome day out.

I managed to get my 20 mins tuition straight after my sighting laps which was really helpful. as it meant i had something to build on for the rest of the day.

Was great meeting Squee as well. Maybe see you on the next one :thumbs:

Apparently there will be some photos of the day uploaded to http://www.clubmsvphotography.com if you want to check them out. i don't think they're up as of yet though.

:teeth: That was Awesome :teeth: Peed my pants a bit the first time my brake pedal went straight to the floor, flat out in 4th braking into druids :drive1 But apart from that it was an awesome day out.

I managed to get my 20 mins tuition straight after my sighting laps which was really helpful. as it meant i had something to build on for the rest of the day.

Was great meeting Squee as well. Maybe see you on the next one :thumbs:

Apparently there will be some photos of the day uploaded to http://www.clubmsvphotography.com if you want to check them out. i don't think they're up as of yet though.

Was lovely meeting you too fella! I had such a fun day and still buzzing even though I was rubbish! I've been checking the photography site every ten minutes haha

Yeah I'll definitely be doing another track day sometime :thumbs:

S.

using my limited IOS capab ility i have managed to pirate this from the MSV site. if they had a decent one of me coming down cascades i might have bought it but it looks like i was getting fuel when the photographer was in the best locations.

Screenshot2012-05-23at141659.png

Thanks for posting them up :) smashing pics!

Chris, if you decide that you want to buy some pics then let me know as the more you buy the cheaper they get so we could put one order in between us :thumbs:

I might buy one of the best car there yesterday - the mint green 1.4 Honda Jazz :lol:

S.

What you both need to do is buy eibach springs or coilovers you will feel much more confident with the car on track.

I didn't relly lack confidence allthough the car did skip slightly on the crest on the exit of druids. think that's what the pic of my car is of.

Allthough i have been looking into some different suspension setups recentyl :blush:

Hi Sarah

Glad to hear you had an exciting day at Oulton Park, sorry I missed you when you left on Saturday.

Hugs

Caroline

Aw thanks Caroline! Was really lovely meeting you too, just a shame I couldn't stay long but I'll organise my diary better for next year and make sure I can stay out and play properly! I've had a quick peek at that shopping channel - looks brill! ;):lol:

What you both need to do is buy eibach springs or coilovers you will feel much more confident with the car on track.

Thanks fella! Will look into them. I've got a feeling this is going to be an expensive summer haha! By the way, that thing should have well arrived in the post by now :thumbs:

hahaha, I really am going to be bankrupt by the end of the summer if this carries on ;) I'm well tempted with that one too, I'm definitely going to look into it. I wonder if those EasyTrack ones will be less busy as they aren't promoted as heavily as the MSV ones? I'll have a think if I can make that one and will let you know...so tempted!

S.

Yeah its going to be an expensive summer. But I'll worry about that when I'm skint. ;)

I'm gna put in for that days hokliday this afternoon.

I'm on holiday from the friday after so I might blend it into a nice long break.