Spacer query

Freebird

Hi guys and gals, I know the spacer question has cropped up a million times before and the answer always seems to be 20mm front and 25mm rear. However is this just being super safe?

I have got rays and really need to cure the arch gap, im also lowered on coilovers due to this am also running more camber than standard so the wheels look even more lost in those arches. Would I be able to go for 30mm spacers at the rear and 25mm up front? I have an arch roller that I could use if needs be to get rid of the lip, im just not looking to flare my arches.

I would love to get the zed looking a lot more stanced.

Also on a side note, does anyone know if MW tech are still selling spacers?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

25mm on the front will on occasions lightly rub, for example going over a speed bump at anything over 15mph and you'll get some rubbing on very rough or potholed roads. I've got 20mm spacers on mine but the offset on the wheels I've got mean they are equivalent to 25mm. 25mm on the back is fine though.

Pete

i run 20mm front and 23mm rear with off set wheels of 20 giving me 0off set front and -3 rear ,lowered on tein super street coilover with no rubbing and no arch roll.slight stretched tyres.fills the arches a treat :teeth:

Thanks for the replies guys, I took the opportunity to order some 25mm's to see how they sit on the front and the rear to do a little playing about, i.e. If I found the front to rub (im lowered on XYZ coilovers) then I would know to get hold of some 20's and then maybe a small slip on or something. Try them on the rear and see how much more or if im happy with how it is stanced after it. I was hoping for a bit of poke :teeth:

Buster, hearing your offsets and your modifications sounds to me like I will have no problems with rays :thumbs: