Real life MPG

Mikesding

MPG seems to be much more heavily influenced by the amount of stop/starting, sitting in traffic jams and acceleration than speed. I drove just over 500 miles from one corner of Germany (in from Austria) through to the other (and into Belgium) on a single tank with fuel to spare. Average speed throughout was around 120mph.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you don't buy a car like this FOR it's MPG...

But ask yourself this, would you still drive it if it did 10MPG?

Thats a bit of an irrelevant question, if a Zed did 10mpg and I couldn't afford that then I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

It's like realising you only have 2 seats but have 2 kids :wacko:

well, part of the reason i disliked my last Nissan Z car was cos it got 22mpg on a GOOD day - normally hovered around 15! :lol: So yeah, i did by my new zed for the MPG!

but really, are there any 280bhp+ cars that get better than 33mpg on a cruise? the zed is probably better than most as it has a very long 6th gear, and a very relaxed engine - maybe one the new breed of turbo 4 cylinder engines could make 280bhp but still return 33mpg if you drove it everywhere off boost, but although every man and his dog has a turbo'd 4pot, who actually wants one over a V6?

well, part of the reason i disliked my last Nissan Z car was cos it got 22mpg on a GOOD day - normally hovered around 15! :lol: So yeah, i did by my new zed for the MPG!

but really, are there any 280bhp+ cars that get better than 33mpg on a cruise? the zed is probably better than most as it has a very long 6th gear, and a very relaxed engine - maybe one the new breed of turbo 4 cylinder engines could make 280bhp but still return 33mpg if you drove it everywhere off boost, but although every man and his dog has a turbo'd 4pot, who actually wants one over a V6?

100%

On other cars my old FD RX-7 would do about 35mpg off boost which was incredible really; esp as the RX8s are so bad and 1/2 as quick!