How to fit HEL Lines???

The Bounty Bar Kid

Hi Guys,

So I'm going to fit my new discs and pads on Friday. My mate is gonna help me. However, neither of us know how to fit new brake lines. Could anyone give us some advice? He's done them before but on non abs cars. Dunno if this makes any difference.

Found this thread during my search but it just shows the after picture.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=46884

Thanx in advance peeps!

Make sure you use lots of PlusGas release spray on the nuts you'll be removing, WD40 is not as good so get some PG on them! Make sure you use a decent 10mm spanner, a poor fitting one will only round the nut making life much harder.

When fitting your new discs make sure the face of the hub is 100% clean otherwise your discs will quickly warp, use a wire brush and brake cleaner for this. If you have the non-Brembo calipers it's a good time to re-paint them and doesn't take too long.

Keep the brake fluid reservoir full when bleeding the brakes otherwise it'll run dry (as i did :bangin: ) and finally don't miss the inner bleed nipples on the rear calipers (if you have Brembos) as i also did then spending several hours trying to remove the air from the system until the good chaps on here pointed me in the correct direction :surrender:

Bleed the calipers in this order, if you have Brembos it's the inner side nipple first........1st rear passenger side, 2nd drivers side front, 3rd drivers side rear then passenger side front.

If i've made any incorrect statements please feel free to correct me :thumbs:

Dave.