Any joiners out there ??

lomoto

I want a new front door, I am fed up with painting mine as it is a West facing one and gets all the sun, and the paint just drops off every year. :dry:

The one I have seen looks to all intents and purposes like a solid oak item, but is in fact upvc.. :thumbs:

Fantastic thing only downside is the price I am being quoted to supply and fit..nearly £1000 :scare: I dont mind paing the going rate, but anyone any idea if this is correct?? Thanks in advance

I bought a realistic wood look PVC door (god it sounds tacky) a couple of years back, it cost me £650- but thats for a standard fit door.

I guess if its a large door or anything a bit different £1000 isnt going to be too far off the mark.

Yep this thing I have seen just looks like a solid oak door , bloody marvellous thing , even really close up :) and no more painting :teeth:

I bought a realistic wood look PVC door (god it sounds tacky) a couple of years back, it cost me £650- but thats for a standard fit door.

I guess if its a large door or anything a bit different £1000 isnt going to be too far off the mark.

Yep this thing I have seen just looks like a solid oak door , bloody marvellous thing , even really close up :) and no more painting :teeth:

Any pics? Intrigued to see what a plastic wood door looks like? :wacko:

they left me a sectioned sample to mull over , I'll get a pic loaded up tonight :thumbs:

here you go sarnie

Guest prescience

Presumably these come with all the door furniture in place? So there would be a different door code depending on whether its left-hung or right-hung?

Probably fairly easy to fit (I will ask my Son-In-Law who is a joiner) you just have to cut extra holes for the extra security bolts no doubt included.

Does it include a modified door frame or does it simply fit into your wooden frame?

Presumably these come with all the door furniture in place? So there would be a different door code depending on whether its left-hung or right-hung?

Probably fairly easy to fit (I will ask my Son-In-Law who is a joiner) you just have to cut extra holes for the extra security bolts no doubt included.

Does it include a modified door frame or does it simply fit into your wooden frame?

I presume it will have to be fitted with a new frame, and door furniture ,again I presume is a bespoke option ??

Also there is the option for wood finish on outside and alternative finish on inside (white / wood etc. )

Guest prescience
My door is wood but doesn't get any rain so no problems :)

What in Scotland :scare: the thing will never be dry :p are you meaning it doesnt get any sun ;)

I think the sun creeps above the horizon for a few days in June :p impossible to tell for sure with all that cloud :D

My door is wood but doesn't get any rain so no problems :)

What in Scotland :scare: the thing will never be dry :p are you meaning it doesnt get any sun ;)

I think the sun creeps above the horizon for a few days in June :p impossible to tell for sure with all that cloud :D

So true. :D

It's like forest gump in vietnam up here. You've never seen that many different types of rain!