iPod Hack - Plea for help! (Anyone in West Mids)?

14N

Hi All,

OK, my jumpy, skippy BOSE cd player has finally got the better of me :surrender: and I'm tired of listening to the SAME songs on the radio (regardless of which station I'm tuned into).

Has anyone in the West Mids or Worcestershire area completed the iPod hack and would be prepared to give me a hand with this mod?

I've read all the guides etc and, as great as they are, I'm just not confident enough to pull my head unit apart myself and go near it armed with a loaded soldering iron.

Please give me a shout if you can help.

Cheers, Ian :thumbs:

I am in exactly the same boat as you.

I'm in Milton Keynes but perhaps we'd have more chance of persuading someone to give us a hand with this if they were coming down for 2 fellow forum members?

We could meet somewhere convenient for all?

Also, I'd be more than happy to pay for the favour.

I'd be happy to help, but I'm not close at all. I did mine and I have no real mechanical or electrical experience and haven't soldered anything since I was at school (1994).

It really isn't difficult if you follow the guide, but I understand your trepidation.

Hi Ian, i'm in worcester and could help babysit you through this. i have not done this but its a piece of cake after fitting a start button on the zed where i had to figure out the more complex electrics on the ignition system :surrender: i see no difficulties with this.

I was going to do this myself but decided it's a waste of time as really i want an aftermarket double din HU with satnav. Just can spare the cash for it at the mo with all funds diverted into performance mods.

I checked in maplin and you can get all the bits needed and the guide from husky is pretty easy to follow and there are additional bits or mods that others have kindly contributed to it to make it better :thumbs:

Cool, cheers guys. :thumbs:

I've read, re-read and then read the guide again and each time my confidence has increased a little bit more. As it really is a step-by-step process, I might just have a crack at it. Face your fears and all that....

GT4 Zed, thanks for the offer. If I bottle it, I may still give you a shout :lol:

The Ipod hack isn't that hard tbh. I would have been happy to do mine if I was confident with a soldering iron (I wasnt even that good with it at school 9 yrs ago!!). In the end I took it to one of my mates who is an electrician. We had it done in about 2 hours and most of that time was dicking about with getting the soldering iron to work. The step by step guide really is brilliant. :thumbs:

Oh and unfortunetly I live in Cambs so I can't help before you ask :p

Good luck

another me too - can anyone close to Godalming/Guildford who's done this before help do mine? In exchange for large case of beer :-)

Ian

You are not too far away i see. Lots of members in the area, come along to one of the meets and im sure someone will be ale to give you advice and tips and help out :thumbs:

I will literally travel anywhere in a 50 mile radius for someone to do this for me...and I will pay them!

I am absolutely hopeless at stuff like this so wouldn't want to put my car at risk.

I live in Milton Keynes....so if anyone close would want to spend a couple hours on this one weekend for a bit of extra cash, PLEASE give me a shout!