New brake set up fitted, but...

cowie

I know its a similar post to many others about squeaking brakes but can't find specifics in the other ones regarding 'when' they start squeaking, Had new DBA rotors,ferrodo pads and Hel lines fitted last tuesday, did the bedding in procedure with no problems and since friday it has started squealing but only when its virtually at a standstill,with your experiences does this sound like its just some crap thats got between pad and will work itself away or more a fitment issue shims copper grease?

Ian

I've got the dba t3 discs , ds 2500 pads and hel lines combo on mine and I get no noise at all.

I did put a fair bit of copper slip between the back of pads and shims and also on all the contact points between the pads and calipers.

I've got DS2500 pads with performance friction disks.

No squeal here, I don't use the shims but I did copper grease the back of the pads.

As long as you have the Brembo brakes removing the pads and greasing them is very easy, I'm sure there's a guide on here somewhere.

I know its a similar post to many others about squeaking brakes but can't find specifics in the other ones regarding 'when' they start squeaking, Had new DBA rotors,ferrodo pads and Hel lines fitted last tuesday, did the bedding in procedure with no problems and since friday it has started squealing but only when its virtually at a standstill,with your experiences does this sound like its just some crap thats got between pad and will work itself away or more a fitment issue shims copper grease?

Ian

Adding shims to the rear of my brake pads killed 98% of the squeal I had. I didn't grease them though. Now it's very mild when braking from 0-5mph, and even that's possible to neutralise by adjusting the timing and level of pressure you apply when braking.

Used to have it very bad though, so I know how infuriating it can be :bang: