QUERY FOR OTHER ROADSTER OWNERS

16BT

Now the snow has gone and no more salt on roads,I have been out in my new roadster with the hood down. Having got back home I noticed on the fairing which snaps over the hood to hide it when open ,that there is a hole about 2"x1" between the two fairings behind the hoops. I thought I had lost some plug but my dealer tells me this is normal.

Question-is this normal? Is there supposed to be a plug there? What is the purpose of the hole?

Ian

Well, just in case you get a problem... I had a bit of an issue with mine not going up or down (or sticking half way).... (No puns please)...

I took it in and they found there was a plug loose? I did find it had something to do with the power seats though, all very strange, but if you moved the power seat forward when it stuck, you could get it to move again.

Appears to be all sorted now though. I agree with everyone else it is a bit jerky especially when its cold.

Still, looks great when its open! Roll on summer!

Sticking to the subject name here but not the subject. Seeing as we've got all the roadster drivers together here, I too have a query. :)

I have the seat right back and it's started squeeking where the headrest touches the roll bar/hoop thingy. Has anyone else had this and if so how did you cure it because its driving me crazy!!!

Tried leather polish so far and that just made it worse :wacko:

Cheers

Mark

PS sorry for the slight hijack but I was going to post with exactly the same subject name. Oh, and my roof's a little jerky at the halfway down point.

I am pleased that I am not the only one with this problem - if the hood has not been used for a couple of weeks, then it can take 2 goes to get it fully folded. It seems to be as the window is folded in to the storage compartment.

Once it has been used once, then it is OK.

No idea what a solution would be though...

Glen

I am pleased that I am not the only one with this problem - if the hood has not been used for a couple of weeks, then it can take 2 goes to get it fully folded. It seems to be as the window is folded in to the storage compartment.

Glen

Use it more often :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

Glen

Use it more often :teeth:

It only gets used at the weekends - got a mile muncher for the 600 miles/week that I do!

I would like to use it more :teeth:

Glen