ENGINE OIL HELP!!

WINKJ

guys - running low on engine oil.

I have a 313 obviously with the HR engine in it - need to get a litre in it asap so was wondering if you guys could let me know if the following is ok..

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_253905_langId_-1_categoryId_165581_zygonArticleNum_918672_zygonGenericCode_000000_zygonId_12887511_zygonManPartNum_C+5W30+FORD+PT+SYN

I have looked through the forum and couldn't find a thread on best oil to use, I suspect there is a thread somewhere but I couldn't find it :dry:

Thanks for the help all!

How come everyone's slashing oil prices with petrol so high?

Synthetic engine oil isn't refined from crude like petrol, it's synthesised, hence 'synthetic' :thumbs:

DB

Ahhhh, some refined crude oil can be classed as Synthetic oil due to the higher temp used to burn off the sulphur, this is a legal loophole that the oil companies can use, and they can call it synthetic engine oil. :thumbs:

Synthetic engine oil isn't refined from crude like petrol, it's synthesised, hence 'synthetic' :thumbs:

DB

Ahhhh, some refined crude oil can be classed as Synthetic oil due to the higher temp used to burn off the sulphur, this is a legal loophole that the oil companies can use, and they can call it synthetic engine oil. :thumbs:

They've gone very quiet!

DB

They've gone very quiet!

Yes, well some of us have to work at weekends, lol. I didn't know about that loophole Zugara, I was just making a casual suggestion. I guess mineral and part-synth oils can't get away with being more expensive than fully synth even if the price of crude goes up because they're considered to be lower quality :shrug: who knows, I'm no expert.

DB

DB

They've gone very quiet!

Yes, well some of us have to work at weekends, lol. I didn't know about that loophole Zugara, I was just making a casual suggestion. I guess mineral and part-synth oils can't get away with being more expensive than fully synth even if the price of crude goes up because they're considered to be lower quality :shrug: who knows, I'm no expert.

DB

LOL, I am working too but would be more productive if I spent less time on here!!

Now get back to work :stir:

LOL, I am working too but would be more productive if I spent less time on here!!

Naaahhh, I'm done for the day (shouldn't really have been working today), and now get to spend an hour and a half in the Zed on the way home :teeth:

DB

Naaahhh, I'm done for the day (shouldn't really have been working today), and now get to spend an hour and a half in the Zed on the way home :teeth:

DB

Good job!! Enjoy!