Syvecs

Jez @ H-Dev

Just had some good news from the guys at Syvecs. We should have 350/370 support on the S6 ECU by the end of the week :)

For those that don't know about Syvecs: they're a company that provides top end road car ECU solutions, built by Life Racing (who do ECUs for Le Mans cars, F1 cars etc)

This will allow us to map for any engine setup with some amazing features. They've recently got the ECU working with the R35 as a complete stand alone ECU (that will work with the gearbox) with brilliant results - I think the Litchfield GTR is now running over 800bhp on this ECU.

Why is this a good thing? Well, it'll allow full engine mapping with integrated fully configurable traction and launch control. Along with all the other usual features: DWB control, closed loop knock, closed loop fuelling, full datalogging and engine limp strategies (limp mode or full cut enabled on low oil pressure, fuel pressure, etc etc)

I've setup this ECU on a number of cars and it really is awesome.

I hope to get my 350Z setup with the ECU asap - I ran it on my Time Attack car with superb results :)

Probably overkill for a standard engine, but for modified engines with a super chargers, turbo(s) or nitrous I'd strongly recommend considering it.

I'll post more as we go :)

It'll work with nitrous, no probs. It should work on your car, although I'm not familiar with the full spec of your setup.

Fitting mapping and setup will depend on which features you'd like and how long it takes on the dyno - if you'd like to chat about it, give me a call or pop over :)

The sensors it supports goes on for ever (well over 100 types), it's got 16 analog inputs (which are software configurable as to what they're used for) plus lambda, knock and EGT. Its got 16 high current outputs plus 6 TTL outputs.

If thats not enough you could go for the S8 which has got a load more. We're using the S8 on a turbo charged hayabusa car, which should be around 1000bhp per ton when its finished: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 830&type=3

One good feature is that it will listen to the CAN bus and use that to get wheel speed, which means you don't use 4 inputs for the wheel speed sensors. You need wheel speed sensors for traction control, launch control etc. It will also transmit CAN data for the standard dash, other can devices or motorsport dash boards.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got the car running on Syvecs today - its not finished though, they need to setup the CAN bus so the dash etc works.

As soon as that is working, we'll get it on the dyno and see how it goes :)

hi how did you get on setting up the z know post is a lil old but would appreciate some help want a ecu or a good setup on my supercharged 350z atm its running a stillen piggy back setup stage 3 with hks induction kit miltek exhaust and decats.

any help or info would be great. :clap:

Funny you should mention this now - we just got all the CAN stuff working yesterday :)

I've not mapped my car yet, but we have the dash board working and the ABS wheel speed sensor info is also being passed to the Syvecs so we can do fully configurable traction and launch control.

I've been using Syvecs for years now, and it's brilliant. If you're interested give me a call / email and we can go through the options.

Funny you should mention this now - we just got all the CAN stuff working yesterday :)

I've not mapped my car yet, but we have the dash board working and the ABS wheel speed sensor info is also being passed to the Syvecs so we can do fully configurable traction and launch control.

I've been using Syvecs for years now, and it's brilliant. If you're interested give me a call / email and we can go through the options.

aww that would be great my car is running fine atm but limited to setting up and keeps flashing a mil sometime from decats... what do you mean by the CAN stuff working??

can i contact you through youre webiste number

CAN is an acronym for controller area network - basically on modern cars all the ECUs talk to each other over a CAN data network. This simplifies wiring and allows things like the engine ECU to tell the dash board engine rpm and engine temp, for example. It can be a bit of a faff to get it all working properly, and thats what we sorted out yeserday.

Give me a call at the office 01635 247477 :)

CAN is an acronym for controller area network - basically on modern cars all the ECUs talk to each other over a CAN data network. This simplifies wiring and allows things like the engine ECU to tell the dash board engine rpm and engine temp, for example. It can be a bit of a faff to get it all working properly, and thats what we sorted out yeserday.

Give me a call at the office 01635 247477 :)

350z mapping for dummies cheers lol. great i will do as soon as i get a free day from work thank you

Jez, do you think its worth pulling out the haltech platinum pro and changing to this ?

All depends on what you're after. I'm not that familiar with the Haltech to be honest.

Do you feel its missing something?

I'm not sure mate, She doesnt like to cold start anymore. Due to the haltech being a harness unit it has started throwing eml light for o2 sensors (slow to respond) again even though they were isolated with uprev. Just wondering if there would be any major advantage of running this over the haltech.

The best thing about syvecs is that you have full control over everything.

I think the Haltech is probably more 350Z specific in that it might support the OEM lambda sensors (although I'm not 100% sure) - sounds like the issues you're having are more of a calibration issue?

I like the Syvecs as the hardware and software is top quality (Syvecs is produced by Life Racing - the hardware and software is pretty much the same - Life Racing ECUs are used in top end motorsport cars

and Syvecs is the road going version, although its still got a strong motorsport bias)

i'm running aem afr gauges with wideband sensors but with decats(built in bungs for sensors). The cars got to go back in once the new nitrous controller arrives so I will get it looked into further.

I will keep an eye on this as i'm interested in it and the fact its a full standalone unit and can control everything. The haltech is pretty impressive but still a harness unit.