Jap Engine into UK Car

bkjmr

I did a little search which didn't turn up many results, so i thought I would ask.

Will a Japanese engine fit into a UK Car? Well I know it will fit but I mean are there any differences? Like will it be able to work off the UK ECU, is there any modification required....

I really just want to know if it's a straight swap or do I need to modify/change things.

Also another quick question. I haven't looked but what year cars had the rev-up engine? Did 55 plates have a rev-up engine?

Edit: Is this correct 2003-2004 non rev up, 2005-2006 rev up, 2007 HR?

Thanks

Jamie

With respect to the specific years that had certain engines, I think only GT4s had the Revup in 2005, then all models from the facelift 2006 onwards, until the HR was introduced. You have to be a bit careful, as older cars are sometimes registered on later plates when dealers are using stock up. E.g. there are loads of 07 reg cars that are not HRs.

You should be able to spot a Revup by the fact that it has the connection for the exhaust valve timing control on the front upper timing chain covers. The HR is more obvious from the twin intakes.

Hope this helps a little.

With respect to the specific years that had certain engines, I think only GT4s had the Revup in 2005, then all models from the facelift 2006 onwards, until the HR was introduced. You have to be a bit careful, as older cars are sometimes registered on later plates when dealers are using stock up. E.g. there are loads of 07 reg cars that are not HRs.

You should be able to spot a Revup by the fact that it has the connection for the exhaust valve timing control on the front upper timing chain covers. The HR is more obvious from the twin intakes.

Hope this helps a little.

Yes it did help thanks. Hoping someone else can confirm this about the GT4's only having Revup in 2005?

would it make the car run like crap? and trigger off error codes similar to what im experiencing? as my engine was replaced, replacement Engine was out of the car so didnt see the model of car. But was told it came out a 2007 Roadster revup engine. Clearly not a HR as it doesnt have the dual induction. How can I tell if its a Japo Engine or infact a Revup? is there any visual things too look out for cheers :thumbs:

would it make the car run like crap? and trigger off error codes similar to what im experiencing? as my engine was replaced, replacement Engine was out of the car so didnt see the model of car. But was told it came out a 2007 Roadster revup engine. Clearly not a HR as it doesnt have the dual induction. How can I tell if its a Japo Engine or infact a Revup? is there any visual things too look out for cheers :thumbs:

The rev up engine is easy to spot, both cams are VVTI, so there will be two cam actuators on each side of the engine, and yes this would cause running problems if the ECU was not intended for it, and i am pretty sure the rev up also runs wide-band lambdas.

Hi Tricky, thanks for the info mate was wondering for a minute that i had installed the wrong engine! thus ECU and Engine not compatible sending out wrong readings? but on inspection I do have the Rev up engine! two Cams with Green and Blue Sensors and what i would call HR Giger inspired detailing on the cam covers, compared to the smooter looking non rev up! one less thing to worry about now, now to find my what my fault is Cheers. :thumbs: