FLYWHEEL OR ECU?

chocohercules

Just need a few ideas needed......

Original problem lack of power and Engine light on showing P0335-Crank Position Sensor. Now found out my sensor is in working order. maybe Flywheel defective warped or spinnning with a wobble? If so Crank Position Sensor may not be getting correct reading? or maybe ECU issue?

Is there anything else that can trigger P0335CKP sensor as it clearly not the sensor itself at fault? :bang:

Has anyone had this issue or similar? any fixes before I buy a new lightweight flywheel and ecu? :surrender:

How do you know they sensor is ok?

The only way to test it would be by using a dso while the engine was running and by doing that you could see if the flywheel was out of shape as the pattern would be out on the dso.

Before changing the ecu or the flywheel id would be checking the wiring and the terminals for corrosion.

I bought a CKP Sensor from the dealer tried it on my car and it wouldnt fire up! cranked over but no start? Put my old one on with the problem and it started straight away??? Booked my car into the main dealer they too found this issue, the put my so called faulty Sensor and the new one i bought onto another car and it started fine with both??? so the sensor/s are fine so i lean towards dodgy Flywheel or ECU. Note the dealer did say they had trouble communicating to my car for some reason and it might be an import for this reason, but its a full uk spec vehicle???

Have you checked the wiring to the sensor, are all earths in good order? Is the battery fairly new?

I think the dealers also have something they can fit in place of the sensor to clean the flywheel pickups with - may be worth asking.

Good luck,

Dave

I doubt its down to anything flywheel related, as it has worked with another sensor, i suspect the sensor, i don't know for certain, but i would imagine they are a hall effect sensor, and so rely on the metal teeth on the flywheel to trigger a signal, so wouldn't be much effected by dust dirt etc.