My Zed Plaque is squeaking

Exotic

I've got this squeaking noise issue with my zed which developed fairly recently, took awhile to pinpoint exactly where it is coming from (for awhile I thought it was my subwoofer/mounts), but confirmed it is definitely the silver Z plaque in the boot. Now I'm not too keen taking all the plastic trim out from that area nor do I even know how easily you can get the plaque off, but when I put pressure on the plaque it squeaks. Anyone else had this issue, it has stated to drive me a bit crazy :wacko: . Will a Nissan dealer sort it out and how much would you reckon it costs to sort out? Cheers

Assuming its the silver plastic cover over the rear strut brace, all the plastics come off with a little gentle persuasion, if you do a search for brace refurb or similar will throw up threads on how to take this apart, a little thin foam under the plastics should sort it, mine sounds like I have a budgie in there somewhere will be doing this at the weekend too.

Anyone else had this issue

Yes, mine did exactly the same a couple of years ago. I never actually removed it from what I remember, just took a few of the holding clips out and put them back in again and that cured it.

Pete

the strut covers just unclip with some gentle motivation ....but check double check and check again... i had the same issue and it was all pointing to the strut covers but after 3 months of pulling them apart it turned out to be the little rubber plug things either side of the boot lid. These are the 2 stoppers that can only be seen when the boot lid is open, and dont squeak for some time after its closed...lube them up just to be sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the feedback. I went away over Easter and lost this thread. Weird thing is that the squeaking noise seems to have gone now when I got back, although before I left I did apply some WD40 around the crevices of the plaque and plastic surrounds so not sure if this fixed it.

Not all good news though! I started to get a ticking/tapping noise from the ceiling passenger side. Now I took the car to be looked at by a Nissan dealer and they said they needed to take off the ceiling liner to get to the problem and that it was a 3 hour job. I agreed but since I got the car back it's sadly no different! I will be taking the car back this wkend just really disappointed as the technician who worked on the car was meant to be a GTR technician and I am not completely confident in the work done due to the nature of where the noise is coming from (can't really take the ceiling off). What do you guys think?

You let Nissan technicians work on your car! :bang:

Are you a crazy person?

Generally no honest! There's not one Nissan stamp in my log book but as it doesn't appear to be a common problem I took a leap of faith thinking they would find the root cause more easily. I have the invoice so I am guessing they have to guarantee the work they carried out. Would have tried to fix it myself but I can't just clip of the inside ceiling

:dry: