Re-drilling PCD

lukekbrown

Hi Guys,

Am interested in a set of wheels but only supply them in 5 x 120 PCD, a company said they can re-drill to a PCD of 5 x 114.3.

Is this safe? What process is involved to carry out this operation?

I'm worried that the quality of wheel will be jeopardized

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

H&R do hub adapters for this purpose which are basically just spacers so if the offset of the wheels you're looking at is fairly high they could be a better option.

A quick Google turned up a number of suppliers including Larkspeed for 20mm and 25mm:

H&R Hub / PCD Adapter With 20 mm Spacer - Nissan > BMW

H&R Hub / PCD Adapter With 25 mm Spacer - Nissan > BMW.

H&R do hub adapters for this purpose which are basically just spacers so if the offset of the wheels you're looking at is fairly high they could be a better option.

A quick Google turned up a number of suppliers including Larkspeed for both 20mm and 25mm.

I don't think it's the offset the op wants to alter but the actual spacing of the holes for the wheel studs. presume this means welding up the original holes and then re drilling. As Col said, not sure I would want these on my car.

I don't think it's the offset the op wants to alter but the actual spacing of the holes for the wheel studs. presume this means welding up the original holes and then re drilling. As Col said, not sure I would want these on my car.

Sorry, I didn't quite make myself very clear. The spacers I mentioned do change the PCD hole spacing the OP asked for but because they take the form of bolt-on spacers they won't be suitable if the wheels already have a low offset. If you have BMW wheels with offsets of around +40 then adding a 20mm or 25mm spacer that does the 5x114.3 to 5x120 adaption would be perfect, but if the wheel offset was only +20 then the adapters could cause the wheels to stick out too far or rub on the arches.

I've changed my original post to include better links which will hopefully explain what I'm talking about. :thumbs:

I decided against the idea :lol:

I just wondered if it was something someone had done before.

Thanks

Good decision, if you have to get something changed to make it fit then have a good look at whats already out there, common sense really.