Coilovers?

taffyjason

I had BC Racing Coilovers fitted (by Abbey) and really like the result.

You can turn them right down and on fully soft they're quite a bit softer than stock - ideal for a gentle run with the gf on a sunny day

You can turn them right up and on Hard they're much firmer - ideal for track days.

I think fully firm is too hard for normal driving - I have mine normally on about 11 or 15 clicks up - so she's just a bit firmer than stock.

The really nice thing is - it's entirely up to you as to how hard you want her - drive it, adjust a few clicks, drive again - until you have it just right for you.

One issue you'll need to think about - standard BC settings lower the car about 25 or 30mm. That may be fine for track - but imho it's too low for normal driving and you'll bottom out on all sorts of road humps and things. Plus - if you lower her this much you'll need new link arms to correct the wheel camber. Not much extra - but it will add £100 to your bill.

BC can supply with extenders so you can drop it less than this. I only lowered mine 15 - 18mm and even so I need to take it gently over some humps - sometimes just going over mini roundabouts will grate. . . . ouch. (Yes, I know - so go round them!)

Anyway - discuss this with whoever you choose to fit them, as the amount you lower it may affect your daily driving.

Good Luck, tell us how it goes!

What part are these extenders? Longer springs? I only plan on droping mine 10-15mm is this possible with the components out the box with a little adjustment? I ask as I have not touched the settings yet as I thought they would be at max ride height to begin with.

Cheers.

I didn't measure them exactly before they were installed, but it's something like -

The overall length of your stock parts is . . .say, - 450mm

The overall length of the BC Racing part is . . . .425mm (on maximum setting) - they have something like 25mm of adjustment so you can lower them further

So, just fitting the BC in place of the stock suspension will drop the car 25mm even on max length setting

If you get the extension pieces, which are just spacer links, they are something like 50mm so you lift the car back up to full height, and you can then use the adjustment in the BC system to lower it to wherever you want it

Exact dimensions I don't have - but no doubt someone who has fitted them will know. Note, you need the info from someone who has fitted them, rather than just someone who sells the boxes.

If you are in the south, I'd suggest discussing it with Abbey Motorsport - don't know who else has actually fitted them

Cheers

Ian

We've been supplying and fitting BC Racing for a long time now - I ran their remote reservior ER series coilovers on my trackcar.

The BR series are the one you should consider - they're ideal for a fast road car where you need to good compromise between handling and comfort. BC can supply the coilovers to customer spec, so if you let us know the approx drop you want we can make sure the coilovers are speced to suit.

You might want to also consider HSD - also great coilovers.

If you're after the best of the best, then the Ohlins are without doubt the ones to go for. Better than stock comfort and amazing road holding.

Any quetions, just ask. Prices here: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/index.php?cPath= ... 93_483_485

We can also fit, align and corner weight, if required.