engine warning light

PeteDench

evening all

i have just completed an engine fan refurb.... fans now work! success

however i had to disconnect the airbox etc to do the fix, whilst the airbox was off i had to move the car a few feet.

now that everything has been reassembled the engine warning light is no on... any ideas or suggestions welcomed

thanks

Pete

Doctor Austin, thanks for your help mate, wouldnt have attempted it without the nudge from you first.

I have now done the dancing pedal routine as listed below if anyone is interested

Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON†and wait 3 seconds.

Repeat the following two procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds:

Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).

Fully release the accelerator pedal.

Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.

Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)

Wait about 10 seconds.

Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.

Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).

Turn ignition switch to “OFF†position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

The warning light has now gone, didnt really understand how to read the codes... i do come from colchester after all :wacko:

Next question is will this have fixed the 'problem' that the light was trying to tell me about? it may just be me but i think that the engine may be idle-ing a bit slow.

Pete