B-line motorsports cold air intake?

theheff

I came across this company whilst doing a bit of research and have been in contact with them over placing an order for their cold air intake. Hadnt heard of them before and i stumbled across them accidentally, it looks like a good quality intake from the pics, but then theyre not going to put crap pics up. I read about them on an nsx forum in the us and they seemed to rate them.

http://www.blinemotorsports.com/intakes.html

Any opinions on it, layout etc? the price they have given comes in just under £200 delivered from the states so im thinking its worth taking a punt on, unless you more technically minded guys see something i dont.

doesn't the nismo drop down before into the wheel arch area, meaning you needed to remove the extra washer bottle? was thinking it looked more like the injen one.

I've read through the nsx forum again and think I'm going to order one. got nothing to loose and it will be rare over here.

doesn't the nismo drop down before into the wheel arch area, meaning you needed to remove the extra washer bottle? was thinking it looked more like the injen one.

I've read through the nix forum again and think I'm going to order one. got nothing to loose and it will be rare over here.

Uk nismo factory installed one looks like this

HPIM1275.jpg

Never done it myself either but what will apparently happen is that it will be held by the delivery company UK side and you will be charged by them before they deliver it. If there is nothing in your invoice that covers 'Import Duty' chances are you will be charged.

Yeah, you will most likely get charged VAT & Duty on this. If you calculated it as 25% of the total item + delivery cost it's normally about right. The delivery company in the Uk will also charge a handling fee, parcel force charge around £8 and won't release the item(s) until charges are paid. Customs tend to hold the item(s) for around a week, whilst they calculate charges so you will need to take this into account. :wacko:

I think now even if you send something as a gift and it's over a certain amount they will also charge you for this too. Have a look at the HM Revenue & Customs site on importing. :thumbs:

They have agreed to try and help me get round the customs stuff by sending it with a sample price to try and get round it if possible.

Im sure they will happily do a group buy, he seems more than willing to help with stuff. Ill let you all know how i get on with it, quality, noise etc, before though

its in the uk, the tracking system says "customs clearance processing complete" does that mean I've avoided extra charges?

You might get stung but TBH its a lottery.

I have imported loads of stuff over the years and have mainly ( 90% of the time) got away with it.