JDM sat nav

nixy

although I'm excellent at programming the DVD recorder, setting the oven timer and programming my stereo I think that may be a bit beyond me? What would you actually use the computer for - or am I being dumb?

I take it if you have an import you're just left with a useless screen in your dash where the satnav is? Is the screen used for any other purpose?

There is one company doing a conversion using the existing screen but it ain't cheap. Near side of a grand.

It cost me round £800 to have the Jap Sat Nav converted but the dealer met me half way on it. It's a Panasonic Navteq thingy! Works using existing screen, new software and a remote control. If anyone's ever used the Sat Nav in a Mazda RX8 - it's the same software. Quite useful and looks quite good - although took a bit of getting used to!

Depends if Screen/Satnav is an aftermarket, with aftermarket screen then you could probably connect anything you like to it.

I had connected up a DVD player & front camera then removed it & also connected (still have) rear camera. Depending on how many AV connections it has you could connect: DVD;TV Tuner;Front & Rear cameras/playstaion etc etc. The only thing to bear in mind is that they have to be NTSC compatible, though these days most cameras are & many DVD players are also.

Cameras approx £10 to £35

Small NTSC DVD player £30 upwards

TV Tuner £40 approx

(ps my satnav & screen was an aftermarket one called Addzest which is actually Clarion, chucked the Satnav in the bin, kept the screen; Av junction box etc).