Ring 07 - Sat May 26 to Tue May 29

stevie_350z

I had a long standing arrangement to go to the ring with the usual suspects I go with (M3, 2 Scoobies and me) - I know this clashes with the national meet, but just in case anyone fancies a good drive over on Eurotunnel, staying in a lovely spot in Germany (excellent 20min drive to/from Ring) and a few days driving / spectating - let me know by PM and I'll give you the details.

As I said, I know it clashes and there's also a planned Euro trip after this - but it was a long standing arrangement I don't want to back out of.

Just in case anyone is interested in beer, german women and fast cars (ok, so not necessarily in that order...)...

Hi Steve,

I'd like to get there this year if I can, but this is Whitsun weekend isn't it. Which means we're alread going away I think.

Another option is the Euro Zed Meet which may be going.

I'll get there one way or another

Cheers

K

We went on the same dates last - approx - and it worked out sound as a pound!

Apart from the rain in belgium!

It was a great run - the lads going are all similar driving temperaments - ie. slightly mental, but not crazily so :yahoo:

The nights out were just as good as the track days - in fact, on the track I was quite happy to socialize and spectate and keep my car tucked up in bed all safe.

Lots of dollies there.. unfortunately they are usually accompanied by burly blokes B)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to the ring once last year in a VX220 Turbo and did 20 laps over the weekend, what I don't want is to run out of brakes half way round, on the other hand I don't track my cars very often 2-3 times a year so I don't want to be spending loads of cash on a massive brake upgrade if its not really needed.

Must say that the ring is less harsh on the brakes than any other "normal" track. Driving 10 minutes on Francorchamps is 10 times worse for your brakes, compared to 1 lap on the ring (which is a quite fluid track)

I won't be changing anything, won't be going crazy, will be savouring every moment... of dodging out of the way of GT3RS and that bloody Dodge Viper!

Saw a black dodge viper in the US... jesus it sounds lovely... gave me the horn! TOOT TOOT!