Telematics

ioneabee

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/a ... tent=March

anyone up for this for their Z - methinks its unlikely ;)

I'll be getting a VERY small shed next year as my son turns 17 :scare::surrender:

Unfortunately having worked in the financial and energy sectors doing a lot of mathematical modelling, I have severe doubts about how advanced the formulae used to calculate driver risks are and how complex the relationships between correlated variables are within them. What I mean here is... What I would consider gentle controlled acceleration off the traffic lights would be a boyracer smoking their tyres in a drag race in their 1.2 corsa. What would be a very comfortable and effortless cruise down the motorway would be car-juddering stupidity in a 0.8 micra and I would still be able to brake in half the time & distance from 70 than a 10yr old astra with halfords brakes from 30.

These are all cheap gimmicks and only work for very young drivers who benefit from cheap insurance for not driving at night and having more restricted distance limits.