I pod hack problems

l1lbill

Hi did the hack as per the guide but (as in another thread) my head unit wont reset.

When i press tape it says press eject, if i press eject the unit goes blank.

Tried the resting technique in the guide but cant get any joy, with various timings.

I cut the tracks and removed the spring if it helps.

Whats the best timing for restting the unit?

There was a post a few days ago similar to your problem.

It was me and the reason mine wouldn't reset is that I'd cut / desoldered the wires on the tape motors. As soon as I'd attached these back the reset worked first time.

I really feel your pain, because it's a fairly huge effort to get everything out and reinstalled only to find it not working. My advice would be to firstly see if you can push any of the tape mechanism in (With a pen or pencil... or an old tape if you have one). If the reset still doesn't work, then take it all out again and see if you've accidentally disconnected / cut any of the motor wires?

I just thought that I was doing the reset incorrectly, must have tried 20 to 30 times. As soon as I'd reconencted the wires it worked first time, so can only assume that something isn't right inside.

Hope you get it working, because it really is worth the effort!

Just the phono connection.....

right....... cd and radio work fine. press tape and flashes 'press eject', presd eject and screen goes blank and go through a procedure.

what i dont get is why it worked at first.

is there any point in trying to disconnect the battery and leaving ? or best just to bite the bullet and take it all apart again?